Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best time of the year to buy a new PWC?

I know this is related to PWC but I couldn't find another place to post this. When is the best time (cheapest price) to purchase a new PWC. I am in the market for one and would like to get the best deal.

Thanks in advance

depends on what you want , i know some hondas that have been sitting in crates for 3 years are going for 6-7k with 1 year warrentys

i would say in the winter our after the year has ended , if your buying used i dont think it matter othere than the premium goes up in the summer

Bone looking for a 2009/2010 FX SHO (Cruiser or not) in the Texas area.

+1
    The worst thing you can do is buy a newly released model in its first summer; you're going to pay top dollar like that. Wait until after summer if possible. To save big, the trick is to buy one of last year's models as a hold-over; these are brand new skis that have been marked way down (you can save thousands) and come with full warranty. I just bought two skis like this. Be prepared to shop around or drive a little to find the color you want, and have the dealer put everything in writing before you make the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    The worst thing you can do is buy a newly released model in its first summer; you're going to pay top dollar like that. Wait until after summer if possible. To save big, the trick is to buy one of last year's models as a hold-over; these are brand new skis that have been marked way down (you can save thousands) and come with full warranty. I just bought two skis like this. Be prepared to shop around or drive a little to find the color you want, and have the dealer put everything in writing before you make the trip.
    YoYamma do you think i could get more taken off of this ski?

http://www.boattrader.com/find/listi...x-Sho-96429438

Also what are the odds of getting the Setup and Freight fee removed? I hate the fact they charge you this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 07nissan View Post
    YoYamma do you think i could get more taken off of this ski?

http://www.boattrader.com/find/listi...x-Sho-96429438

Also what are the odds of getting the Setup and Freight fee removed? I hate the fact they charge you this.
    I don't know, I don't even have a jet ski.
    But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night......

Seriously, I think you might get a little more shaved off that, but it depends on the out the door price; sometimes they put up a teaser and then add "packs" in the contract later on. When I got mine, I got everything in writing then I drove 4 hours to pick up the skis. When I sat down to sign the papers, I discovered another $300 fee that was never discussed. At that point, I calmly refused to pay it and told them the deal was off because I didn't trust them anymore. Within 15 minutes the $300 fee was gone and we got back to business. That's why you want to get multiple quotes and get them in writing.

+1
    Oh, and don't forget the Y.E.S. warranty; Yamaha offers a 5 year warranty and you can often get a great deal on it when you buy the ski because of various promotions. When you get your OTD quotes, make sure they quote the warranty for you, otherwise you might get stuck paying a lot more for it when your one year anniversary comes around.

true, the new promotions usually don`t come out till January 1st. you never know when the manufacturers are going to post deals, could be springtime could be June...
    buying any used machine, you have to be prepared to jump on a good deal. do your research, read about issues with each brand. seems everyone one of them has one issue or another, if it isn`t SC clutches it hull issues... kinda scares me to pick a new ski out at today`s prices...

as with any sale, do your homework, buyer beware, shop smart!... good luck hope you find what you want...

+1
    If you are buying used, have the cash ready to go and have done your research, then the ONLY month you need to buy a ski is in December.

Budgets are tight, and folks get pretty desperate to let them go... just make SURE the title doesn't have a lien attached, or if you are in a non-title state, make SURE the ski is in the owners name who you are giving money to.

+1
    As far a good time of year to buy, I think there're sometimes good deals to be found on leftover prior year models come fall/winter, especially in places where it gets cold. Not sure about other manufacturers, but Yamaha usually offers buying incentives in spring like lower rate financing & free 4 yr ext. warranties($1000 value). I learned my lesson with financing after going through Yamaha/GEMB on my first ski. If you don't buy during an incentive period their rates are ridiculous. When I bought my SHO I came prepared with a pre-approved loan from my credit union at 5.9%. Also, you don't need to make a decision on getting an ext. warranty when buying the ski. You are still able to purchase one until the last day of the one year factory warranty period. Another idea is to check out the local boat shows in the spring. I've noticed they're usually pretty motivated to make deals at those events.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    I don't know, I don't even have a jet ski.
    But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night......

Seriously, I think you might get a little more shaved off that, but it depends on the out the door price; sometimes they put up a teaser and then add "packs" in the contract later on. When I got mine, I got everything in writing then I drove 4 hours to pick up the skis. When I sat down to sign the papers, I discovered another $300 fee that was never discussed. At that point, I calmly refused to pay it and told them the deal was off because I didn't trust them anymore. Within 15 minutes the $300 fee was gone and we got back to business. That's why you want to get multiple quotes and get them in writing.
    I got the same treatment when buying my SHO in July '08. They wouldn't budge off list price & were the only dealer I could find with a cruiser in stock so I bent over & took it. Come time to sign the paperwork & they threw in another $600 for setup/delivery that was never mentioned when we agreed on price. Those fees were all waived when I bought my GPR at another place the year before. Then the finance guy had an attitude with me because I didn't get the loan through them. I take the blame because I had gotta-have-it-now-itis & didn't want to drive 8 hours to buy a ski, but after the treatment I got from them I will never buy so much as a life jacket from that dealer now.
    BTW...Greater Yamaha of West Palm Beach

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information