Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pride Fighting

+1

Pride Fighting

It was a pretty good card with results as expected. Shogun Rua did a great job against Randleman. Fedor beat up Mark Coleman and then sub'd him the same way he did last time, just did it to the opposite arm. Phil Baroni had a nice Kimura tap out victory and Dan Henderson dominated Vitor Belfort and won by decision. Butterbean, put a few good licks on that chump they got on last sec notice. I also liked how Wanderlei Silva called chuck out and said stop hiding.

+1
    I like Pride better than UFC....Better rules...But I dolike the Octagon configuration better...

+1
    I agree, the octagon, looks more like a dungeon or real battle ground for that stuff. Last night they had to use the same rules as UFC. It's in Nevada and they had to use the Athletic commissions rules. Even had a lot of the same refs.

I didn't even buy the event. I new coleman was just gonna get killed I just don't like coleman he sucks!!!! Henderson beat vitor? That fight I would of liked to see I like them both. Pride all the way baby

+1
    Last edited by AaronC; 10-22-2006 at 10:40 PM.

+1
    Shawn O'haire fought ButterBean? Hahahha. You know O'haire use to be a WCW and WWF/WWE wrestler. He always talked big when he use to go to the MMA matches, then one day a 160 lb fighter jumped him in the crowd and choked his ass out. O'haire is a joke.
    Vitor Belfort is a joke too. They called this guy a phenom and then he just gets his ass whooped. He's probably a top mid card kind of guy, but not ready for the big boys.
    I don't think Fedor will get beat any time in the near future. They need some new opponents for him because everyone else is no competition for this guy. The only one that has a real chance against him is Krocop. He whooped the **** out of Coleman. Glad to see the show of respect afterwards for Coleman, someone Fedor looked up to while coming up the ranks.
    Pride is a good show, but yes the Octagon makes it look great. I prefer the UFC style better. I say screw the rules and let them go all out. Hold the fences, head butts, etc.
    SHOOTER

I was in Vegas this past weekend. Wanted to place $$ on the Coleman fight, but nobody had it listed, guess the odds were way too lobsided.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronC View Post
    for some reason i could not get them to load

+1
    If any of you were around for the very first set of UFC fights (back in the mid 90's), they were the best. Anything goes. We used to see arms broken and all kinds of wild things going on.

If I remember correctly, some of the names were Ken Shamrock, Joyce Gracie, Tank Abbott, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    If any of you were around for the very first set of UFC fights (back in the mid 90's), they were the best. Anything goes. We used to see arms broken and all kinds of wild things going on.

If I remember correctly, some of the names were Ken Shamrock, Joyce Gracie, Tank Abbott, etc.
    Yep those were the days, but i also remember fights that went for 20 minutes with guys just standing there not fighting. Back then a good fight was usually only one maybe 2 per night, now they are usually all good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information