Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Brand New Can You Help???

this past summer my buddies river lot neighbor let us borrow his jet skis, and after a couple of hours we decided we had to have some (my wife and i)heres what i ended up with: i got a 2001 seado rx, and a 1999 polaris slx. the seadoo is great starts right up. the polaris i have already dubbed "the problem child" the ski had been t-boned and messed up the a little bit of fiberglass, which isnt too big of deal cause my whole family deals with cars i.e. body man. heres the my list of concerns or problems any help would be greatly appreciated

1.) neither one came with service manuals, so i went to clymer service manuals web site, and they list every sl, in the sl family but my 1050 slx, its not a slxh or the pro just an slx 1050 would that manual work?

2.)when you go to start it, sounds like the starter is just free spinning and the starter drive is not engauging, is this a common problem.

3.)went to pull the gas tank out to see if i could even see the starter without pulling the engine, i got the the tank free but apparently it does not come out from under the hood? i fought trying to get the tank loose for like an hour. is this correct u have to pull the motor just to get the gas tank out. or is the tank possible just swelled?

4.) my last question is, does polaris still even make jet skis, and where do you fellas find parts? i mean i know u can go to ebay and maybe luck out there, but is there a website that deals in brand new parts. my local polaris dealer told me that i cant get ski parts from them they only deal in quads and victory bikes, and the next closest polaris dealer is 250 miles away.

thanks fellas any help is great, and if you guys want i can take pictures of my winter project, cause even though this thing only had 30 hours of use, it was a tough 30 hours, and is pretty much gonna require a full resto, plus i want to pant it to match the seadoo, well the wife does i just wanna ride

mudd
    marietta ohio

+1
    mudd welcome to the greenhulk.
    For all your parts and parts breakdowns see Jay or Tony at
    http://atlanticpowersports.com/
    They offer a discount to greenhulk members
    See thread
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12103

+1

thanks for the tip on atlantic, i saw that manual too on ebay but didnt know if it was the right one because it doesnt say anything about the 1050's. this was the manual i was not sure if it was the right one or not.

https://www.buyprism.com/ProductDetail.asp?PRDID=1311

+1
    Hear is the parts manual it has the manual part# that you can order from atlantic
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mudd View Post
    2.)when you go to start it, sounds like the starter is just free spinning and the starter drive is not engauging, is this a common problem.
    Make sure the battery is fully charged and all the grounds are clean and secure.

3.)went to pull the gas tank out to see if i could even see the starter without pulling the engine, i got the the tank free but apparently it does not come out from under the hood? i fought trying to get the tank loose for like an hour. is this correct u have to pull the motor just to get the gas tank out. or is the tank possible just swelled?
    If you pull the hood off of the boat, you should get enough clearance to pull the tank from the storage area. I know I had to pull my fuel sending unit to get mine out.

4.) my last question is, does polaris still even make jet skis, and where do you fellas find parts? i mean i know u can go to ebay and maybe luck out there, but is there a website that deals in brand new parts. my local polaris dealer told me that i cant get ski parts from them they only deal in quads and victory bikes, and the next closest polaris dealer is 250 miles away.
    They don't make PWC anymore, but you will find that probably 90+ percent of everything you need is still available (that's still the same as any other manufacturer with their older craft). Yes the stuff will get harder to obtain but with guys like Zigler, Randy, Jay and of course all the members here, parts aren't going to be an issue anytime soon.

thanks fellas any help is great, and if you guys want i can take pictures of my winter project, cause even though this thing only had 30 hours of use, it was a tough 30 hours, and is pretty much gonna require a full resto, plus i want to pant it to match the seadoo, well the wife does i just wanna ride

Of course we want pictures!!

mudd
    marietta ohio

Oh and WELCOME to the Green Hulk forums!!!

you can get also the operators guide to your sea-doo free.
    www.operatorsguide.brp.com/
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 10-22-2006 at 11:35 AM.

+1
    You don't need to pull the gas tank out to get to the starter. You should be able to reach the fasteners from around the exhaust pipe and just pull it straight out, if not, just take the exhaust pipe off as this is much easier than getting the gas tank out and back in. Just a note, I have had 5 Polaris watercraft from 1998 on up and have yet to be able to get the gas tank out the front compartment hole.

Starter spinning and not engaging could be the Bendix! then your in for some fun! but like Pho said check voltages to make sure it's spinning fast enough Z

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information