Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: cavitation....

cavitation....

Alright I feel like an idiot bc im trying to figure out all the reasons that I could have cavitation. I have an 04 rxp. Its got a brand new wear and prop. over the winter im turning this machine from completely stock to an absolute monster. I want to be able drag it next year so im gonna need it to hook. if i could get a list of every reason it would cavitate that would be great

+1

alright is there a thread already for steps on the installation of the carbon ring / seal?

+1
    When you are under propped it will cavitate badly

the machine is bone stock right now with the stock prop, I ordered the 60 lb injectors, and the rear air with the 4 inch adapter but havent got anything on yet bc im still looking at chargers im so lost when it comes to that. im thinking of going with the 3rude but i wanna get the cavitation fixed before I really start pumping some ponys to it

how many hours are on the ski?

+1
    Check the search. Also, list your mods in your sig if you have any - it will help others help you.

Here's a thread on the Skat Trac install which will give you a good idea of what's involved. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t-seal-install

Probably your first install should be a bilge pump. If your carbon ring tears or gives out it will fill your hull with water FAST!

Couple of things to check/try if you think it's the carbon ring (hopefully others will chime in with additions)

1. Black line on inside of hull is a sign it's going out.
    2. Bad cavitation on hole shot (which you have)
    3. Water in hull

What to try; the temporary easy fix is putting zip ties between the bellows to cause more tension on the ring and keep it from flexing as much. Make sure you use quality zip ties, the cheap ones break too easy.
    Last edited by DallasGV; 09-02-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: copyand paste didn't work!

the ski has 140 hrs, and the only mod is that i removed the resonator. The new prop that i put on is just another stock prop, I kept everything stock bc i planned on flipping it an making a bunch of money bc i bought it for next to nothing, trailer and ski for 1500

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_7238 View Post
    the ski has 140 hrs, and the only mod is that i removed the resonator. The new prop that i put on is just another stock prop, I kept everything stock bc i planned on flipping it an making a bunch of money bc i bought it for next to nothing, trailer and ski for 1500

Hell of a deal!

This is a great site with a lot of people with experience making these skis go fast. You may already know this; but a couple of things to update on the 04 and 05's before building big horsepower - the valves and flywheel bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasGV View Post
    Check the search. Also, list your mods in your sig if you have any - it will help others help you.

Here's a thread on the Skat Trac install which will give you a good idea of what's involved. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t-seal-install

Probably your first install should be a bilge pump. If your carbon ring tears or gives out it will fill your hull with water FAST!

Couple of things to check/try if you think it's the carbon ring (hopefully others will chime in with additions)

1. Black line on inside of hull is a sign it's going out.
    2. Bad cavitation on hole shot (which you have)
    3. Water in hull

What to try; the temporary easy fix is putting zip ties between the bellows to cause more tension on the ring and keep it from flexing as much. Make sure you use quality zip ties, the cheap ones break too easy.
    thanks for the link its great, but i dont have the black lines, and its always bone dry in there, I took it for a spin two days ago and i do have the horrible cavitation, I can ease it up to about ten mphs and slam it, it dont cavitate at all if i ease it up, but if im idling and slamm it, it just seems to be blowing air

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information