+1

PWC Seminar at 2010 World Finals

After much success at last year's event, MoTeC will once again host a PWC Seminar at the 2010 IJSBA World Finals in Lake Havasu City, October 6 -7.

Registrations are now open.

This two-part training course, presented by Pete Swinney from MoTeC's Research Centre in Australia, is designed for anyone interested in using a MoTeC ECU on their Yamaha, Kawasaki, Sea-Doo or Hydrospace PWC.

Spread over two nights from 6pm - 9.30pm, the seminar will introduce participants to MoTeC's unique range of Plug-In ECUs for Personal Water Craft, with tutorials on installation, tuning, data analysis, launch control and more.
    Seminar Schedule 2010

The following seminar is scheduled at the 2010 IJSBA World Finals.

Venue:
    Island Inn,
    Conference Room,
    1300 McCulloch Blvd N,
    Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

Part 1
    Tuesday, 6 October
    US $50

Part 2
    Wednesday, 7 October
    US $50

What will be taught?

• How to install MoTeC PWC Plug-In ECUs
    • Connecting and communicating with the MoTeC M400 Marine ECU
    • Extracting logged data from the ECU and sending via email
    • Making basic changes to the ECU setup such as RPM limit
    • Using i2 analysis software and analysing basic data
    • Improving the tune in ECU Manager based on the data analysis
    • Tuning Launch Control
    • RPM limit tuning
    • Question and answer session
    General Information

To fit in with the racing schedule, the seminar is split over two evenings, running from 6pm to 9.30pm. Light snacks provided.

Register

The most convenient way to book your seat is to email MoTeC's Research Centre, but you can also phone or fax.
    Email: [email protected]
    Tel: +61 3 9761 5050 (Australia)
    Fax: +61 3 9761 5051 (Australia)

In your email please include your full name, a daytime phone number and/or fax number, and the seminar(s) you wish to attend.
    Last edited by MoTeC Pete; 09-02-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling

HI Pete,

I pay you 50usd now if you can tell me what is it a problem with adapter wire between stock and motec's plugs?? Why heat over igni coils at any times if I connected dess but don't start a engine? Why cranking a bit engine after when I connected dess? ( I seen from spark plugs a sparks after connected dess ) Also at same time starter work also a bit. Sorry this was 2 questions this is more 50 usd together 100 ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by repsol View Post
    HI Pete,

I pay you 50usd now if you can tell me what is it a problem with adapter wire between stock and motec's plugs?? Why heat over igni coils at any times if I connected dess but don't start a engine? Why cranking a bit engine after when I connected dess? ( I seen from spark plugs a sparks after connected dess ) Also at same time starter work also a bit. Sorry this was 2 questions this is more 50 usd together 100 ???
    Hi repsol
    I have forwarded your email to Duane who will go through each of your issues
    The bump on the starter is normal and happens as the ECU boots up.
    Not sure on the coils, What file are you using, if someone has changed any of the coil dwell settings then this will damage the coils
    Is the wiring adapter loom new? Has the wiring or connectors been wet with sea water, did this problem occur when you got the system or after a particular event, if you bring your ski to the semianr I will find the problem for free

Quote Originally Posted by MoTeC Pete View Post
    Hi repsol
    I have forwarded your email to Duane who will go through each of your issues
    The bump on the starter is normal and happens as the ECU boots up.
    Not sure on the coils, What file are you using, if someone has changed any of the coil dwell settings then this will damage the coils
    Is the wiring adapter loom new? Has the wiring or connectors been wet with sea water, did this problem occur when you got the system or after a particular event, if you bring your ski to the semianr I will find the problem for free
    HI Pete,

Wiring adapter has same long live with ECU so, aprox 6 months. Never under water. I have MAP build up from start file, but sure too many changed. Dwell now: 8/4,1 9,0/3,0 10/2,3 11/2,0 12/2,0 13/2,0 14/1,7 15/1,5

thanks all

It got WIFI and touchscreen ! PWCGUY's Avatar
    +1
    I have destroyed a set of coils previously ( via overheating ) with laynard on post but not starting engine. In my case the plugs where not installed in head but where inserted to the coil assembly laying down loose on top of the motor ( wires / loom connected ). In this case I don't think the coils/plugs were grounded which somehow caused the coils to overheat since they could not discharge. With the plugs install in the head and coils connected to the plugs I have never had an overheat issue even with long periods of ignition on.

Thread Information