Questionable Fix on 06 RXP HELPPP.

Ok I am new to this forum...I just took my ski to a shop in spring to have the washers switched out and bearings. He charged me $150 to do it but im starting to wonder if he actually did it or not? is there anyway to tell without pulling the supercharger to see if he indeed took it all apart and did it?

+1
    look at the bolts holding the charger into place.. do they look like they have been touched? also if the wheel was inspected the casing sometimes will have a seal on it or gasket maker applyed in thin amounts around the housing.... but to anwser your question ... no ... there really isnt a way to inspect and see if the washers were done without removing the j pipe and acutally slipping the charger back

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    If the bearings were replaced... the housing sealant will be fresh, if the dude even used any. You say you paid $150 to have the washers & bearings replaced... what washers, and what type? Was this price just for labor, or including the parts?

I just bought the ski and i knew if needed to replace the ceramic washer on the supercharger to eliminate more extensive damage in the future. It was 150 for everything.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    no you got ripped off bro, go back and raise hell. You probably paid for a slip check and charger inspection.
    RIVA washers are $99 alone, the complete rebuild kit is $310

well he isnt like a big dealership or anything its just him. i just checked the supercharger there is some blue gel looking stuff around the inner part when i look down in there and i see a few bolts that have been torqed on

I didnt have it rebuilt. Everything worked perfect rpms were around 7900 to 8200..I have just heard horrer stories of the ceramic washers breaking and causing the entire motor to go...I know if it aint broke dont fix it but I was trying to keep the worst from happening.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Why not just ask him what he checked & replaced As mentioned above... just quality gear washers alone are $100, and two replacement OEM bearings are $40. If he used these parts... I promise you he didn't charge you only $10 for labor! Most dealers will charge at least 2 hours+ to pull & fully rebuild a charger, and that alone will be $150+ in labor. IMO... you really need to have that charger properly rebuilt with an 08 rebuild kit, and as stated above... they are over $300 just for the kit. I believe the average dealer rebuild is around $500 for everything. If your not able to do it yourself... buy the 08 kit here, and send it to Jerry for a rebuild.

More info here...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-etc.&p=243071

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/cmps...p?pageid=store

Thread Information