+1

fare price to sell 01 virage

My buddy has a 2001 virage 700 the hull is in good condition, it has roughly 85 hours. the cdi and stator are brand new. they were replaced because the ski wouldnt turn on. but it still wont turn on. its has brand new solas prop and pump had been rebuilt. what is a good price for the ski with a double trailer just been painted black. and is really clean.

thanks
    mannie

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    So your saying the ski still does not run then? Cali prices seem to be all over the board from with I have been told. Figure what the trailer is worth in your area. He should get on here and try and get it up and running. Most people won't touch a non running Polaris. So non running may equal 1/2 normal price or less.

+1
    whats this paint job look like? mint or rattle cans?? that will be a big point first off as far as price goes. is it a ghetto rebuilt junker or a mint aluminum triton?

then you have this NON running ski.. no matter how much you tell the new owner about how much stuff is done to it and what it cost and blah blah blah..1500.00 later.... it is only really worth what the general public is willing to pay for it.. depends on location too. if you live in nowhere land, very hard to sell.. it needs exposure..

if it is all there, looks nice, motor pretty mint looking and all parts inside are there, figure 400-700 for the trailer and maybe 500-900 for the ski.. I know its a nice ski n all but like keddano said, broken is a bad thing..some people would only buy that ski for 250-400 tops broken.

it kills the price.. someone already knows it gonna be more money before they ride it , so they take that into the price when buying. thats why i said 500. figure that plus repairs..>>>1000-1500.00

if you have it on all sorts of sites and classifieds and ebay, then maybe thats a better chance of getting a better price than just a for sale sign in your driveway.

Put it up for 1200 and see who bites. 6 for the ski 600 for the trailer, u fix.lol cash only title in hand must sell today! take a grand. then some guy on here buys it, puts a AGM PC265 new battery in it and it runs perfect!.

heres the blue book price

2001 Polaris Virage 3-Pass Value Email September 4, 2010
    2-Cylinders
    2-Stroke
    701cc
    Suggested Retail Value $2265 The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the watercraft has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Hours/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the vehicle's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Manny can't you place fix it for him?

+1
    yea we can pirate but he doesnt want to spend more money on it. thanks for the help guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp127 View Post
    yea we can pirate but he doesnt want to spend more money on it. thanks for the help guys

I see that you are in SoCal. Im willing to take a crack at fixing it if your friend will let it go at $400 assuming all parts are there. I dont need the trailer since I recently bought one off of craigslist.

Thread Information