wtb: gp1200 coupler cover

completed all the work that needed to be done to my 97 gp1200 but I'm missing the cover that goes over the coupler. I need the cover along with the two bolts that come with it. shipping to 46268. thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pbadasay View Post
    completed all the work that needed to be done to my 97 gp1200 but I'm missing the cover that goes over the coupler. I need the cover along with the two bolts that come with it. shipping to 46268. thanks!
    Check with krispaintballz, he runs without a cover and may have it laying around.

thanks for the help, i'm sending him a pm now!

Ha ha, Kris told me to remove mine too...I will check if I still have it. much better without it, in case you need to grab the shaft and turn it by hand for any reason. Also easier to clean the hull without it there.

+1
    Im sorry but that's bad information from Kris...running without a coupler cover is not a good idea. When your riding around and some water get's into the hull from riding...it then comes in contact with the coupler which splashes it through the hull and usually directly into carb #3. It's a poor decision to run without them guys...but what do I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Im sorry but that's bad information from Kris...running without a coupler cover is not a good idea. When your riding around and some water get's into the hull from riding...it then comes in contact with the coupler which splashes it through the hull and usually directly into carb #3. It's a poor decision to run without them guys...but what do I know...
    Mike, I know that you know alot more than me when it comes to these ski's, BUT, my hull stays pretty dry even after rippin' it up in some heavy waters. Haven't had any problems with enough water to even worry about. Should I really be concerned? I've had all 3 of my ski's this way. How much water are u talking about?

+1
    It does not take much water to allow it to "splash" up onto the coupler when you jumping and playing around. I would not run the ski myself wihtout a coupler cover...that's why Bunty is looking for one....you need it.

M

+1
    Bunty,

I've got a cover you can have for free. Only problem is that I'm at school right now and won't be home for a couple of weeks.

Adam

+1
    Bunty did you find one.I have always run them on my ski's.I saw no reason to remove it.There was one on ebay a few days ago for $10 buy it now.And Mike is right if you get any water in the hull it can spray up into the carbs.

Thread Information