+1

2010 Watercross Nationals Behavior

The 2010 Watercross Nationals in Nashville have not even started yet and we have already had 1 person arrested and there have been fights with Nashville Shores management. I am close with the staff at Nashville Shores and I have defended the racers and crews in the past. There have always been a few bad apples, but I have tried to argue with them that they do not represent the majority of the people in the sport.

There are new owners at Nashville Shores this year. They are the former owners of Six Flags and have been putting a lot of money into Nashville Shores. The new manager at the park was pretty excited about having Watercross Nationals at the park, but after 1 day of people setting up camp he said that this event will never be held at Nashville Shores again.

I hope that everyone can start acting like adults and be a positive representative for the sport. Everybody should be able to have a good time without tearing things up and destroying property. It should be common sense that you should be respectful to the people hosting an event but for some reason people have a problem with it. I am so sick of hearing about some jerk who thinks that he can do whatever he want because he spent X amount of dollars. If this type of behavior continues there will be not be any places left to will be willing to host an event like Nationals. When people start complaining about not having any decent events to race at this is why. Nobody is going to put there money into hosting a bunch of jerks who have no respect for the site and have no respect for anybody.

+1
    I will put this here as well.....

Vikesfan,

I got here late on Friday/early Saturday morning so I have no idea of what you say about a fight and an arrest..No having said that, I am not calling you a liar, because you know the owners, but the promoter said nothing to us at either of the rider meetings about needing to be on better behavior or anything.....Seems kind of strange....

Now here is my take on the park and the owners, they have put a lot of money into it but they are NOT FRIENDLY OR ACCOMIDATING AT ALL!!!!!!!!Certainly seems like they didnt want us here from the word go, the majority of the park staff were very standoffish and not friendly. In previous years we have been allowed to go into the park during the races to get food an such and we are given tickets as part of our race registration. They still gave tickets but we were met at the gate near the vending area and told there was no way we could come in and SPEND money with them???? Must be rich enough that our money isnt needed???

Just my .02

+1
    Also responding here for clarification.

The arrest happened at around 3:30 a.m. on Friday morning. The damage caused from that incident was over $2,500! The "fights" were arguments with some park employees. Apparently there were a lot of people that were camping that were lying to park employees to avoid paying for camping. They were also trying to set up in areas they were told not too and having a lot of attitude with the employees. I'm not sure if there were any other incidents after Friday afternoon because I had to help my sister-in-law move to Orlando and I have been in Florida all weekend. Nobody has told me anything else so I hope it went better. I'm sure if the park employees acted like they didn't want the racers there it was because of the arrest and the arguments from Thursday/early Friday.

I know there are 2 sides to every story but I only know what I have heard from them. Like I said, I have always defended the racers because everyone I have met has been really nice. I know of one employee at the park who is a huge jerk and I'm sure if any of you had to deal with him it would not have been a positive experience.

Unfortunately we are often judged by our worst examples because those are the memorable ones. Just like a lot of the park employees have unfavorable views of racers because of the one that got arrested or the ones that lied to them, I'm sure there are some racers that have a negative view of the park employees because of a couple who were dicks to them.

+1
    I don't know of any one like that that raced......Didn't hear about it and from what I saw I have a hard time believing it. Never even had an off color comment made to me or anyone I know. 3:30 am????? drinking?

+1
    From what it sounds like things calmed down after the arrest on Friday a.m. I have a post on PWC Today that has some details about the incident that others have posted. I will not go into detail about it myself but if you feel like it you can read about it over there.

http://www.pwctoday.com/f7/2010-wate...or-299641.html

Thread Information