MSX 110 Extremely high idle

Have a MSX 110 with an extremely high idle. Starts off normal then after a couple seconds starts to scream and I have to hit the kill button because who knows how high it will go. Also it looks like the dealer that winterized it last year overfilled the oil. It hasn't ran full RPM's all summer and when checking it on the dipstick it is about 1" above the overfilled line. Going to try removing some oil but I can't even run it for 30 seconds to get a propper level reading. Any help would be appreciated.

+1
    Hi X2guy,

Don't panic! This is a known 'fault' that was never addressed. Put it in the water and it will settle down to a normal idle. In most cases it will idle again normally when out of the water. Always start in reverse when out of the water this will ensure it will not exceed the 3400rpm reverse limit.
    Depending on which way the wind is blowing the engine maysettle down to an idle on the trailer after 20 seconds or so.

Hey Thanks...Trying to help a customer out but haven't had a lot of experience with the 4 stroke polaris watercraft. I sucked the excess oil out. My customer is going to run it in the water to se if it clears out. I took out the top intake manifold sensor and it had oil on it. Looks like the intake is contaminated with oil. Will it clean out on it's own now that the oil is at the proper level?

+1
    If the manifold sensor has been contaminated there is a very high probability it will need replacing, to save time and anguish the best bet is to replace both. very, very common won't rev past 6000rpm with no codes fault.
    Desperado sell them at a good price and last time I looked he even had a couple of 2nd hand ones that if he said are OK they will be.

Redirect the return to inlet breather line and this will never happen again oil over full or not.

http://www.precisionsports.ca/

Thats a good tip tp know Kosh. Im picking up a 110 in need of lovin in a week or so. Trying to read up on all the tid bits I can.

Thread Information