Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Horus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Posts
    169

    just finished my d-plate now i have an exhaust light

    08 GPR

    finally i got my d-plate in the ski and as soon as i start it i have an exhaust light.

    yes i have the chip that plugs into the harness.

    any ideas?


    i tried was taking the senor out of my 03 gpr and trying it in the 08.. same thing







  2. #2
    is this what you put in your 08 ski?
    The Riva Cat Temp Sensor Chip is a must when removing the OEM catalytic converter on Yamaha 1200 Powervalve engines. The circuit is designed to mimic the signal sent to the OEM CDI by the catalytic converter’s temperature probe preventing CDI flutters, warning devices sounding and engine shut downs due to cat removal. Can be used with stock or modified OEM CDI’s. Plugs directly into factory wiring harness.

    you need the correct resistance... if in fact you are getting the exhaust cat overheat code...

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Temp-Resistor

  3. #3
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    10
    Go to radio shack and they sell a pack of 2.2k ohm resistors they are 1/2 watt. You need to cut you plug end off your cat temp OEM wire, that goes into the coil box. Gimme a ring if you need help and i will walk you through it. 775-315-0222 Kevin

  4. #4
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    10
    Nevermind....i just saw PR put up a link. Perfect PR!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    lake milton
    Posts
    19
    Just did the d-plate on my 05 in july pluged all factory sensors back in did not use the resistor and no lights try pluging the factory sensor in and run it you may not need the resistor.

  6. #6
    Horus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    is this what you put in your 08 ski?
    The Riva Cat Temp Sensor Chip is a must when removing the OEM catalytic converter on Yamaha 1200 Powervalve engines. The circuit is designed to mimic the signal sent to the OEM CDI by the catalytic converter’s temperature probe preventing CDI flutters, warning devices sounding and engine shut downs due to cat removal. Can be used with stock or modified OEM CDI’s. Plugs directly into factory wiring harness.

    you need the correct resistance... if in fact you are getting the exhaust cat overheat code...

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Temp-Resistor


    i told the shop i use what i was doing and they sold me the d-plate + sensor..


    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Go to radio shack and they sell a pack of 2.2k ohm resistors they are 1/2 watt. You need to cut you plug end off your cat temp OEM wire, that goes into the coil box. Gimme a ring if you need help and i will walk you through it. 775-315-0222 Kevin

    thanks a lot.. but you feel this is the cause of the exhaust light? or this just needs 2 be done anyways?

  7. #7
    Horus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by mstngken View Post
    Just did the d-plate on my 05 in july pluged all factory sensors back in did not use the resistor and no lights try pluging the factory sensor in and run it you may not need the resistor.
    ill give it a shot when i get out of work 2night

  8. #8
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mstngken View Post
    Just did the d-plate on my 05 in july pluged all factory sensors back in did not use the resistor and no lights try pluging the factory sensor in and run it you may not need the resistor.
    I ran my 06' with a D plate and used my stock sensor without any issues for a season. The chip didnt work. I did the 2.2k ohm resistor this season and worked great, no difference either way, i had James K a couple years ago do a back to back test with the stock sensor in and with the 2.2 resistor in with no difference. Adding the resistor will eliminate the ugly wire from the pipe.

  9. #9
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,146
    +1
    529

    resistor making

    Quote Originally Posted by Horus View Post
    i told the shop i use what i was doing and they sold me the d-plate + sensor..


    Yeah..parts dept at my dealership did the same thing... actually gave my chip for free to GH member since shipping and restocking fee wouldn't be worth returning to parts dept....building the resistor is easy, its a nuisance the beeping/flashing...follow the link steps...





    thanks a lot.. but you feel this is the cause of the exhaust light? or this just needs 2 be done anyways?
    do it were here to help...

  10. #10
    Horus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Posts
    169
    i dont understand... i bough this sensor replacement and it just flat out doesnt work?


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. just finished my d-plate now i have an exhaust light
    By Horus in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 12:38 PM
  2. Just took my Carbs off, and I have some questions. Pics included!
    By friscoboater in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 12:54 PM
  3. Just finished my Alloy rack.
    By Jikser in forum PWC Fishing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 06:36 PM
  4. JUST SOLD my 98 XPL Now looking at RX??
    By Azzo in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 11:23 AM
  5. Just received my rxp plate for JIM (the MAN)
    By Chezzy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •