Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

just finished my d-plate now i have an exhaust light

08 GPR

finally i got my d-plate in the ski and as soon as i start it i have an exhaust light.

yes i have the chip that plugs into the harness.

any ideas?

i tried was taking the senor out of my 03 gpr and trying it in the 08.. same thing

is this what you put in your 08 ski?
    The Riva Cat Temp Sensor Chip is a must when removing the OEM catalytic converter on Yamaha 1200 Powervalve engines. The circuit is designed to mimic the signal sent to the OEM CDI by the catalytic converter’s temperature probe preventing CDI flutters, warning devices sounding and engine shut downs due to cat removal. Can be used with stock or modified OEM CDI’s. Plugs directly into factory wiring harness.

you need the correct resistance... if in fact you are getting the exhaust cat overheat code...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Temp-Resistor

+1
    Go to radio shack and they sell a pack of 2.2k ohm resistors they are 1/2 watt. You need to cut you plug end off your cat temp OEM wire, that goes into the coil box. Gimme a ring if you need help and i will walk you through it. 775-315-0222 Kevin

+1
    Nevermind....i just saw PR put up a link. Perfect PR!

Just did the d-plate on my 05 in july pluged all factory sensors back in did not use the resistor and no lights try pluging the factory sensor in and run it you may not need the resistor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    is this what you put in your 08 ski?
    The Riva Cat Temp Sensor Chip is a must when removing the OEM catalytic converter on Yamaha 1200 Powervalve engines. The circuit is designed to mimic the signal sent to the OEM CDI by the catalytic converter’s temperature probe preventing CDI flutters, warning devices sounding and engine shut downs due to cat removal. Can be used with stock or modified OEM CDI’s. Plugs directly into factory wiring harness.

you need the correct resistance... if in fact you are getting the exhaust cat overheat code...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Temp-Resistor

i told the shop i use what i was doing and they sold me the d-plate + sensor..

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Go to radio shack and they sell a pack of 2.2k ohm resistors they are 1/2 watt. You need to cut you plug end off your cat temp OEM wire, that goes into the coil box. Gimme a ring if you need help and i will walk you through it. 775-315-0222 Kevin

thanks a lot.. but you feel this is the cause of the exhaust light? or this just needs 2 be done anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by mstngken View Post
    Just did the d-plate on my 05 in july pluged all factory sensors back in did not use the resistor and no lights try pluging the factory sensor in and run it you may not need the resistor.
    ill give it a shot when i get out of work 2night

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mstngken View Post
    I ran my 06' with a D plate and used my stock sensor without any issues for a season. The chip didnt work. I did the 2.2k ohm resistor this season and worked great, no difference either way, i had James K a couple years ago do a back to back test with the stock sensor in and with the 2.2 resistor in with no difference. Adding the resistor will eliminate the ugly wire from the pipe.

+1

resistor making

Quote Originally Posted by Horus View Post
    i told the shop i use what i was doing and they sold me the d-plate + sensor..

Yeah..parts dept at my dealership did the same thing... actually gave my chip for free to GH member since shipping and restocking fee wouldn't be worth returning to parts dept....building the resistor is easy, its a nuisance the beeping/flashing...follow the link steps...

thanks a lot.. but you feel this is the cause of the exhaust light? or this just needs 2 be done anyways?
    do it were here to help...

i dont understand... i bough this sensor replacement and it just flat out doesnt work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information