Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 things good!

2 things good!

Got my FZR back from a SC clutch repair and my extended warranty covered it! Way to go Yamaha!!!

2nd thing.....Also had a dual prop installed and all I can say is...WOW! Explosive acceleration. It was very windy today but it was kicking out 8560 rpms which is about 360 more than my 13/24 skat trak. Speaking of which, they could not get it off the shaft and had to get a new shaft for the new prop.

+1
    Yamaha fixed it under warranty? Good for you man normally with those mods you can forget it!

Quote Originally Posted by tadam View Post
    Got my FZR back from a SC clutch repair and my extended warranty covered it! Way to go Yamaha!!!

2nd thing.....Also had a dual prop installed and all I can say is...WOW! Explosive acceleration. It was very windy today but it was kicking out 8560 rpms which is about 360 more than my 13/24 skat trak. Speaking of which, they could not get it off the shaft and had to get a new shaft for the new prop.
    Hi Tadam,

what are the pitches of each of your prop (the main and the inducer one)?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tadam View Post

That great news about you getting back on the water....I know the feeling. One question for you though is have you GPS'd your ski since moving to the twin prop? I'm very curious to read about your numbers. Also, have you noticed any cavitation what so ever? Your 79.8 is impressive and tits if you have no cavitation, but I'm just wondering if that prop has brought you down on speed.

Quote Originally Posted by BPnta View Post
    Yamaha fixed it under warranty? Good for you man normally with those mods you can forget it!
    Yes they did!

Quote Originally Posted by lukygomes View Post
    Hi Tadam,

what are the pitches of each of your prop (the main and the inducer one)?
    I don't know the pitches, but it is R &D pro stock dual prop

+1
    can I ask which SC wheel you are using with the twin prop

I don't know. I'll find out which one from R & D they sent (3 to choose from).

Quote Originally Posted by Awamori View Post
    That great news about you getting back on the water....I know the feeling. One question for you though is have you GPS'd your ski since moving to the twin prop? I'm very curious to read about your numbers. Also, have you noticed any cavitation what so ever? Your 79.8 is impressive and tits if you have no cavitation, but I'm just wondering if that prop has brought you down on speed.

I have not GPS'd it yet, the lake water is too choppy from 20 mph winds. I do have some slight cavitation and have e-mailed contact at R & D to see if there is anything else I could do about it. I'll post after I GPS it. I did notice about 300-400 more rpms with this prop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information