Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

''No Wake Zones" what does that mean?

We all know the law going very slow ...maybe 4-5 mph but every power vessel creates "SOME" small wake.Got yelled at by some irateboater as I pulled in for the day...try to explain the law to him and in these similiar terms "boats in a slow/nowake zone shall move at no wake speed and not on plane,maintaining minimun headway and producing MINIMUM wake possible....I tried to explain that 5 mph is a trolling/no wake speed...that ALL boats ALL create some sort of "wake" ...it goes against the laws of physics..the waters going to get push out of the way somewhat..He didn't want to hear about it...wanted to call state police that patrol tht N.J. waterways...Almost "bitch slapped "this guy..just another guy who hates jetskis...your thoughts

+1
    I've actually stopped and chatted with the NJ State trooper that patrols the area between the Shrewsbury and Navesink rivers. The guy was very cool. Since I am new to this, I asked him about the "no wake" and speeds. He said that he was pretty lenient with Jetskis as he knows they need propulsion to turn and go against the currents, etc. He said that anywhere between 5 and 10 mph was fine with him! So I'm sure that if that guy bitched nothing would happen to you and the trooper would probably be annoyed at the other guy after you explained to him that you were doing 5 mph. You are always going to run into a-holes and you just have to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    We all know the law going very slow ...maybe 4-5 mph but every power vessel creates "SOME" small wake.Got yelled at by some irateboater as I pulled in for the day...try to explain the law to him and in these similiar terms "boats in a slow/nowake zone shall move at no wake speed and not on plane,maintaining minimun headway and producing MINIMUM wake possible....I tried to explain that 5 mph is a trolling/no wake speed...that ALL boats ALL create some sort of "wake" ...it goes against the laws of physics..the waters going to get push out of the way somewhat..He didn't want to hear about it...wanted to call state police that patrol tht N.J. waterways...Almost "bitch slapped "this guy..just another guy who hates jetskis...your thoughts
    you should have stuck your foot in his mud hole...
    you can`t reason with people like that...

Midlothian Virginia USA ~ On the James River~
    +1
    What an ass.

I've always interpreted as "no wake" to be from idle speed to up to 5 mph. It sounded like that guy just probably had it out for you and jetskiers in general. I think I might have pushed him off the marina dock...

we have had boats coming at us head on in no wake channels screaming we don`t belong in the channels with our machines... he was setting a fine example of his mouth in front of his children and wife...it was fun embarrassing that bozo...

+1
    Another theory I have is the free flow exhaust...there's a RXP turbo(80+) I sometimes ride with also hassled....its the noise they equate with speed or going to fast...I was thinking of saying "my friend ,my bark is bigger than my bite,I can only do low 70s" .. but didn't want to be a wise ass...

+1
    LOL, I know what you mean; had a sheriff screaming at me one day because he thought my RXT was going too fast in his NWZ. I showed him my hands so he could see I didn't have my hand on the throttle; I told him I couldn't go any slower! So he tells me I need to take the ski into the shop and tell the mechanic to "LOWER THE RPMs" or he's going to give me a ticket.....

Meanwhile, we see goofy pontoons and other boats in the NWZ's and they are moving slower than us but their wakes are big enough to come up over the bow of my ski...

+1
    You should have roosted him.. Or go back to his boat and pull his drain plugs out when hes not there... OR just cut his lines when he's not there... We ALL pay taxes here in NJ.. Its unfortunate that he doesnt like wave runners but he's going to have to eat shit and deal with it... Ill come ride with you guys and we'll see how much he likes noise

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Meanwhile, we see goofy pontoons and other boats in the NWZ's and they are moving slower than us but their wakes are big enough to come up over the bow of my ski...
    No kidding... those pontoons are like small barges moving through the water.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information