Has this happened to anybody, help......!

While riding for a few hours, I noticed that the hood was bouncing up and down. I stopped and lifted the hood and noticed the stud latch that holds the hood down, was laying in the storage compartment, so was the washer and nut. I then noticed the bad part, the housing nut was missing. This is mounted in/behind the steering cover. Has this happened to anyone else, how do you mount this "housing nut", part # 271001115? Does it snap in/mount from the top, or do you have to take the fricken steering cover apart?

I'm heading up today to "hopefully" fix this sucker and would love to hear if this has happened to anyone else to get some tips.

Thanks,

Keith

+1
    If I remember correctly the nut is in a square piece of plastic that igoes in a slot on the steering housing. Your probably going to need to disconnect the steering cable to guve yourself enough slack to remove the steering from the hull and flip it over. May even want to remove the 3 10mm bolts from the side of the housing to remove the steering cable bracket. I cant remember if you need to disassemble the steering assy any further but it should be pretty obvious at this point.. Note before flipping the assy that you have the backing nut that the bolt for the steering cable goes into so that it doesn't fall into the hull and get lost as it just sits in a hex slot. Hope this hekps.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    If I remember correctly the nut is in a square piece of plastic that igoes in a slot on the steering housing. Your probably going to need to disconnect the steering cable to guve yourself enough slack to remove the steering from the hull and flip it over. May even want to remove the 3 10mm bolts from the side of the housing to remove the steering cable bracket. I cant remember if you need to disassemble the steering assy any further but it should be pretty obvious at this point.. Note before flipping the assy that you have the backing nut that the bolt for the steering cable goes into so that it doesn't fall into the hull and get lost as it just sits in a hex slot. Hope this hekps.
    Thanks, I'll be giving it a shot in a couple hours.

Thread Information