Thread: Fuel question

Fuel question

i just moved from California to Florida and was planning on taking my jet ski out this weekend since its a holiday weekend and all. not to mention im tired of unpacking, and someone at work said that the fuel was different than it was in california. they said there was something in the fuel that they took out in california but i cant remember what he said it was called.

he said that when i put fuel in the sea doo here that i need to do it at a Fuel dock or marina because they remove that additive or whatever it was thats in the fuel here.

is that true? can i really not just take it to Shell or somewhere on the trailer and fill it up?

and i see that they have 93 and higher octane fuels here, thats pretty nice. the highest i could find in san diego was 91.

and im in west palm beach if that makes any difference.

+1
    Ethanol? Most pump fuels have a 10% blend of ethanol. There is no ethanol in marina fuels, because of initial problems with it eating fuel lines, corroding aluminum fuel tanks ect. Most of the problems were due to the fact that large quantities would sit in the fuel tanks for long periods of time. I've rarely ever heard of problems using it in skis as fuel doesn't generally sit long. That may all change if they change the blend percentage as has been proposed..

That being said I'm surprised you've not noticed this in CA, been to San Diego quite a few times and noticed the same 10% fuel blends at the pump.

Hopefully you were refering to ethanol, if not..nevermind what I said.

Yea it was ethanol... Just remembered what he said. So ethanol shouldn't be an issue? Where do all you guys fuel up your skis? I went to shell yesterday and put 93 in it.

All the marinas I went by on the water only offered 90 octane

San Diego is where I lived actually... It was hard to leave. I was born and raised there. Lived there up until 3 weeks ago.

+1
    buy star-tron and just get fuel anywhere

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Villen View Post
    San Diego is where I lived actually... It was hard to leave. I was born and raised there. Lived there up until 3 weeks ago.
    San Diego is very nice, I imagine it was hard to leave. I spent alot of time out there (Coronado Island) always always something to do, and most people out there are so laid back. Great weather and scenery.

Thread Information