Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Booner76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stirling ,Ont.
    Posts
    222
    +1
    5

    Question Oil Warning Message ..soild beep.

    A little history..04 GTX (185 H.P) 32 hours when I bought it.
    Lost SC bearing (touchdown..bearing closest to impellar after 12 hours.Bearing pieces stayed inside SC.Aluminum dust in intake. SC was rebuilt by stealership.(Their response..too bad ..so sad) (had original ceramics..replaced in time)
    Able to get new charger from Jerry(Can't say enough about the SC King!)

    Anywho.. Pulled oil screens off of motor (just very minor aluminum bits on screen.. pulled filter .very small bits in filter.. changed oil and filter 3 times to make sure running clean.Now runs clean (oil level perfect).. took ski out yesterday..very rough conditions(always warm up ski for 2 mins) pulled away ..oil alarm beep(soild) with red lite. Returned to lift . checked level (perfect..no oil in hull )(no leaks). started up ski on lift.. no oil alarm or light.Went out in some really tall waves (8-9 ft.) for about 40 min.. Ski ran great.

    What da ya think?

    Cheers
    Bill


  2. #2
    O'Connell-Ireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Limerick, Ireland. Sea riding Kilkee, Co. Clare... masssive!!
    Posts
    37
    Well...

    Mate had 04 185 with same problem with oil, had beep and light but seemed to go after a while running and it had warmed up.... don't know why or how do ... Sorry!!!

  3. #3
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,063
    +1
    61
    Seems strange Bill. May have just been a blib in the warning system and everything is fine.

  4. #4
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,063
    +1
    61
    By the way. What the hell were doing out there yesterday? LOL Every time I thought I would go out it would rain or the wind would gust to 80K

  5. #5
    Booner76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stirling ,Ont.
    Posts
    222
    +1
    5
    Hi Jim

    We ride out of the Sand Bank,Picton...on West Lake. My buddy came up to our place and asked if "Billy can come out to play?" Sooooo 7 p.m. last night 3 of us made our way out into Lake Ontario throught the Wellington Harbour.. Well I'm on my ski GTX LTD (185 H.P.) buddy on a 215 Wake and other buddy on an FX Wave Runner. We get to the lake through the entrance and here in front of us are 9-10ft waves. So we just went for it! We got out about 1/2 miles and played around for 40 min or so.(sun going down) did't wave jump (couches not that good it it..LOL) But my buddies Wave Runner....(named right!) He just went nutz! 5- 7 ft in the air!.. We surfed back in of some BIG waves .. Once back on West Lake ..we just looked at each other with BIG GRINS!..LOL

    BTW...3-4 Hours on my ski since SC replaced ..Running right on the numbers. Just that little warning glitch.

    Cheers
    Bill

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    290
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Booner76 View Post
    A little history..04 GTX (185 H.P) 32 hours when I bought it.
    Lost SC bearing (touchdown..bearing closest to impellar after 12 hours.Bearing pieces stayed inside SC.Aluminum dust in intake. SC was rebuilt by stealership.(Their response..too bad ..so sad) (had original ceramics..replaced in time)
    Able to get new charger from Jerry(Can't say enough about the SC King!)

    Anywho.. Pulled oil screens off of motor (just very minor aluminum bits on screen.. pulled filter .very small bits in filter.. changed oil and filter 3 times to make sure running clean.Now runs clean (oil level perfect).. took ski out yesterday..very rough conditions(always warm up ski for 2 mins) pulled away ..oil alarm beep(soild) with red lite. Returned to lift . checked level (perfect..no oil in hull )(no leaks). started up ski on lift.. no oil alarm or light.Went out in some really tall waves (8-9 ft.) for about 40 min.. Ski ran great.

    What da ya think?

    Cheers
    Bill
    Might be the start of an oil pressure switch going bad...the one under the intake manifold. Know they gave problems on some models. Those symptoms are exactly the same as what we experienced with my wifes ski... took ages to warm up without the long beep happening. Changed out the switch and it`s been ok ever since. Worth a try if it does it again.

  7. #7
    Booner76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stirling ,Ont.
    Posts
    222
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    Might be the start of an oil pressure switch going bad...the one under the intake manifold. Know they gave problems on some models. Those symptoms are exactly the same as what we experienced with my wifes ski... took ages to warm up without the long beep happening. Changed out the switch and it`s been ok ever since. Worth a try if it does it again.
    Thanks heckie

    This warning only happened once..Ok ever since..BUT ..If it happens again ..That will be my next move.

    Thanks Again!

    Cheers
    Bill

  8. #8
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aussie Land
    Posts
    804
    +1
    21
    Can someone tell me where the oil screens are located? Thanks

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    290
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post
    Can someone tell me where the oil screens are located? Thanks
    Your oil screens are located at both oil pumps. You have one in the oil separator housing at the front end of the engine.. follow your oil filler tube down as its attached to the oil separator housing. The other oil screen is located at the other oil pump in the Pto housing. This is located on the rear of the engine...the big casing that houses your oil filter, water pump etc and all the plumbing that goes to it.

  10. #10
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aussie Land
    Posts
    804
    +1
    21
    Thanks for a most helpful reply!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 11:36 PM
  2. how to disconnect my oil warning beep?
    By JLewis in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 07:08 PM
  3. oil warning and a long beep
    By daverxp4 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 03:25 PM
  4. 2005 RXT Oil Warning
    By bic1 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 07:57 AM
  5. oil warning?
    By INDY27 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •