Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Antifreeze leaks

I had an alarm for temp today at idle and found the antifreeze bottle empty. I know it was full. Wherre should I look besides in the hull for a possible leak? I checked the hull and dont see anything there and the oil looks fine. No white smoke, so I dont think head gasket. What are some other common possibilities?

+1
    I wouldn't rule out the head gasket....

I don't think it would account for all of it unless a bolt is missing, but the ride plate on the outside of the ski where the pump is.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    only way to find it is to pressure test it in a really quiet place, and you could probably hear the leak.
    Maybe someone might chime in as to how much psi max too keep away from. I would start to be safe with 5psi

I think harbor freight sells a kit.

+1
    Hello Race 24 X ! My 2008 RXP-X is in the shop right know for the Antifreeze leak ! My Antifreeze tank was full too & I went riding when the alarm went off & I had a over heating temp on my ski & it went into limp mode & made back to shore when my check engine came on . What happen is that it all blew out the back where the ride plate is ! One of the tubes leaked in the ride plate . That is what the dealer is telling me for right now ! They haven't looked @ it & been sitting @ the shop over a week . It happened last Sunday to me ! I only have 79 hrs on the ski ! I am hoping that the engine is OK ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon View Post
    Hello Race 24 X ! My 2008 RXP-X is in the shop right know for the Antifreeze leak ! My Antifreeze tank was full too & I went riding when the alarm went off & I had a over heating temp on my ski & it went into limp mode & made back to shore when my check engine came on . What happen is that it all blew out the back where the ride plate is ! One of the tubes leaked in the ride plate . That is what the dealer is telling me for right now ! They haven't looked @ it & been sitting @ the shop over a week . It happened last Sunday to me ! I only have 79 hrs on the ski ! I am hoping that the engine is OK ?
    As long as you didn't run it while it was overheating without coolant you should be fine. I had that happen to mine twice and haven't had a problem. How mine happened was that I left the reservoir tank loose and all the coolant came out.

It also flashed a code p1116 I shut it right off when the alarm went off and took the seat off etc to look it cooled down and I drove it 40 miles home with no issues, then the next day the tank was empty again. I hooked it to the hose, but could see nothing leaking it still doesnt smell like antifreeze just warm exhaust. I am going to pull the plugs antifreeze should be white or green on the plugs I think, if it is burning it.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    ride plate leaks are very very hard to spot and it doesn't take a very big one to lose the coolant. pressure test and a baf(big ass lfashlight) a must

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    have you checked the drain plug on the rideplate??
    someone had a small leak through here, they just put some teflon tape on the thread and problem fixed.

+1
    If the head gasket is blown, u will loose coolant out the overflow tube while doing WOT passes. It pressurizes the bottle past the cap pressure, and leaks into the hull, which will be sucked out by the bailer system.

U could tape a coke bottle to the little tube end, and run a few short WOT passes, and see if its going into the bottle .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information