Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 04 GTI le-rfi

04 GTI le-rfi

hey peeps, i have an 04 gti le-rfi. problem is wont start. drove it for like half hour. parked, went to bar. came out and just buzzing. sometimes beeps, but get long buzzing noise from the starter realy. if i manipulate the fuse on the top of the relay then i can sometimes get the dess to beep. when i hit the start button everything dies and back to the buzzing. i tried another battery and checked volt of both. both at 12.5. seen post's about ground wire. ohmed from ground term at battery to top of block. .5 ohm. ground seems good. also the dash doesnt fully load up, when i hit the start button the dash goes out. can it just be the starter relay or do i have another problem?

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    press the start button 5 times, with out the key.
    and try to start it again.

what does this do?

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    it resets the computer in a certain way. but not really exactly sure. i just do this when the mpem is acting up when i install a key and it gives me a long beep or stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpdaddy1787 View Post
    hey peeps, i have an 04 gti le-rfi. problem is wont start. drove it for like half hour. parked, went to bar. came out and just buzzing. sometimes beeps, but get long buzzing noise from the starter realy. if i manipulate the fuse on the top of the relay then i can sometimes get the dess to beep. when i hit the start button everything dies and back to the buzzing. i tried another battery and checked volt of both. both at 12.5. seen post's about ground wire. ohmed from ground term at battery to top of block. .5 ohm. ground seems good. also the dash doesnt fully load up, when i hit the start button the dash goes out. can it just be the starter relay or do i have another problem?

Make sure all your batt. connections up to the solenoid are clean/tight. Inspect the ground wire. Make sure the wire that feeds the mpem is solid and no corrosion and also try charging the battery. 12.5v is not fully charged. Each cell is aprox 2.25 volts which equals 13.5. RFI's and DI's are demanding. If it's acid filled and serviceable you can get a hydrometer to check each cell. I would do this then proceed to check out the solenoid itself.

i tried this, several times. no workie. the dash and the relay both go nuts. especially the starter relay. it steady buzz's when i hit the start button and wont stop until i unhook the battery. if i press really hard and wiggle the fuse cover on the relay, i can sometimes get the starter to bump. and also sometimes get the dash to steady beep.

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunnerRon View Post
    Make sure all your batt. connections up to the solenoid are clean/tight. Inspect the ground wire. Make sure the wire that feeds the mpem is solid and no corrosion and also try charging the battery. 12.5v is not fully charged. Each cell is aprox 2.25 volts which equals 13.5. RFI's and DI's are demanding. If it's acid filled and serviceable you can get a hydrometer to check each cell. I would do this then proceed to check out the solenoid itself.
    i used two batterys, it is not even spinning over the starter. wouldnt an ohm check of grnd cable from batt end to top of block show corrosion? or a bad conn? have to check the mpem again, but did take out and check all connectors quickly. didnt see anything that stood out.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpdaddy1787 View Post
    i used two batterys, it is not even spinning over the starter. wouldnt an ohm check of grnd cable from batt end to top of block show corrosion? or a bad conn? have to check the mpem again, but did take out and check all connectors quickly. didnt see anything that stood out.
    But you said your terminal voltage was 12.5v. that is not fully charged in my opinion. Also you need to deep cycle charge at 2amps or less. My DI has not wanted to crank or cranked slow with 12v at the battery terminals. I'm just sayin rule it out. You can also verify it is or is not the ground by using jumper cable from batt to block which creates a redundant ground. How does it crank it you just cross the two battery cables at the solenoid?

ok, charged batt for 6 hrs at 2 amps. then installed 3 different grounds to different parts of the motor and the front cover also. same thing. just buzzing from starter relay. dash still acts funny and stuff. if i press and wiggle very hard on the fuse on the relay, i can sometimes get the motor to jump. other than that nothing except buzzing and beeping. even the hit the start button 5 times didnt do anything as the dash is acting funny

anybody?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information