Thread: Buying soon

Buying soon

Ive been looking at a new jet ski and decided to go with a rxt-x 260 (if the price is right) Heres the deal
    MSRP is 14199, hes taking 1500 off the ski and throwing in a free cover
    Im going to have to buy the trailor too which is 850..
    So all together with taxes his two $95 fees im looking at a price around 14000 (give or take)

Im looking for everyones thoughts please reply
    THANKS!

+1
    If you were willing to go with a left over 255, I bet you could get a much better price.

He is not giving it away, but doesn't sound all that bad to me! See if he will throw in some more freebies....Good luck!!

Great ski! Have you rode one yet?

+1
    $850 for a trailer? Look for a two or three year old used trailer and save $500. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ahartsell View Post
    Ive been looking at a new jet ski and decided to go with a rxt-x 260 (if the price is right) Heres the deal
    MSRP is 14199, hes taking 1500 off the ski and throwing in a free cover
    Im going to have to buy the trailor too which is 850..
    So all together with taxes his two $95 fees im looking at a price around 14000 (give or take)

Im looking for everyones thoughts please reply
    THANKS!
    My dealer gave me $1,000 off at the beginning of the season and I had to pay for the cover. The RXT X 260 is $15,999 CAD in Canada.

I don't think you are getting a "blowout" price, but it is reasonable. As to the suggestion re: going with a leftover 255, too many people are caught up in the HP wars and don't consider what else the new model has to offer. Someone might say (not the poster in this thread) it is only a 5 HP improvement for 2010, so just save some money and get the 255 from last year.

In this case, the 2010 RXT X has allot to offer over the 2009 RXT X 255. The S3 hull and electronic controls make a world of difference. The ski rides better, handles much better, is drier and is easier to operate with iControl. I almost bought a 2009 model last year, but while I was thinking about it, my dealer sold out of them, so I grumbled and waited until this year. I'm really glad I did.

Have you considered checking stock with a few other dealers in your area? Maybe you will find someone more eager to drop the price another $500 or so. At least, you won't feel like you have to pounce on this one right away.

As for the trailer, I'd just get the new one. You'll save a few hundred if you can find a used one, but: Do the lights work correctly? Is the wiring in god shape? Have the wheel bearing been maintained? Any rust that needs refinishing?

I don't like to waste money, but for a couple of hundred bucks savings after you service the used trailer, I'm happier just to drive over to the dealer and pick up my new Sea Doo and trailer and drive home.

To each his own, though,

Thread Information