1996 wave venture 1100 taking on water through jet unit

a friend just gave me a wave venture and the motor runs perfect but its taking on water through the jet unit. could it be something easy and cheap to fix like a bearing or an o-ring that has been worn away over the years? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: i have been having a look under the ski and started to undo the bolts to the jet. i have undone all of them and taken off the water pick-up so i could see the shaft. i tried to take the shafted out and take off the hole jet unit without any sucess. once again im am new to fixing/repairing jetski's so any help would b great!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MATTY D View Post
    a friend just gave me a wave venture and the motor runs perfect but its taking on water through the jet unit. could it be something easy and cheap to fix like a bearing or an o-ring that has been worn away over the years? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: i have been having a look under the ski and started to undo the bolts to the jet. i have undone all of them and taken off the water pick-up so i could see the shaft. i tried to take the shafted out and take off the hole jet unit without any sucess. once again im am new to fixing/repairing jetski's so any help would b great!
    Sounds like the drive shaft is rusted to the intermediate shaft That is if you have removed all of the bolts to drop the complete housing!

if the drive shaft was rusted would i have to replace the shaft or can it be repaired? could it be a rubber seal thats letting the water in? the ski has been ran in salt water b4 by the previous owner could that of eaten away at the seals over time? its highly unlikely that they have ever been changed also. im having trouble taking the jet shaft out because the very back of the jet where the impeller sits that casing will not come off!! all bolts are out but its stuck on there pretty bloody good. any ideas to getting that off? thanks.

Thread Information