+1

Question 20.5x8x10 Rims/tires

Just checking to see if anyone has any before I order another set.

Would like 3, but will take 2.

Aluminum rims are a huge plus.

Must me in good shape, rims straight and clean, and good tread on tires.

Thanks

Edit: No Chinese junk. Need 5 bolt rims. Carlisle or such tires only. No Cheng-Shin. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJJer View Post
    Just checking to see if anyone has any before I order another set.

Would like 3, but will take 2.

Aluminum rims are a huge plus.

Must me in good shape, rims straight and clean, and good tread on tires.

Thanks
    Jerome, these are cheap enough new... by the time you find them and have them shipped.
    no one in NJ is going to give them up for free, seems everyone has their hand out more...lol...

I just paid 41 dollars for a 16.5x6.5x8.0 not a bad price...

here is an example: http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com.../product/B1009

look in that site for dif prices and sizes...

here is another good site for hubs/axles/parts
    http://www.redtrailers.com/ListItems.asp?cat=16

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Jerome, these are cheap enough new... by the time you find them and have them shipped.
    no one in NJ is going to give them up for free, seems everyone has their hand out more...lol...

I just paid 41 dollars for a 16.5x6.5x8.0 not a bad price...

here is an example: http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com.../product/B1009

look in that site for dif prices and sizes...

here is another good site for hubs/axles/parts
    http://www.redtrailers.com/ListItems.asp?cat=16
    Yes Andy, there are cheap ones out there, plenty in fact. Thing is I am looking for some aluminum rims and some "good" tires. Carlisle or such. I don't have my hand out, beleive me I will pay more than a fair price. I am not one to ever "buy cheap". Buy cheap, buy twice. That is what I say.

I just was putting out a feeler to see if maybe someone had some laying around. I don't feel like paying $450 again, yes, again, for these. I have 3 rim/tire combos now, but need another set for my double trailer.

I am not going steel wheels unless it is just to hold me over until I find some aluminum ones.

Shipping, if done "right" and shipped UPS from a business, can be had for under $15 per rim/tire combo. Been there, done that. One perk of shipping from work.

I know I said something before on here about Red Trailers, but I wll say it again for those who may not have seen it.

I have been to their "store/warehouse" in Quakertown, Pa. I have seen their stuff as it comes out of the crate from China. One word describes it.................Junk.
    So buyer beware when it comes to them.

They tried to sell me a trailer that had the tongue angled 5" off-center. Ray Charles could have seen just how bad it was.

Edit: I have these now, want 3 more. Will buy new again unless I find some used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alumi...Q5fAccessories

Yes Andy, there are cheap ones out there, plenty in fact. Thing is I am looking for some aluminum rims and some "good" tires. Carlisle or such. I don't have my hand out, beleive me I will pay more than a fair price. I am not one to ever "buy cheap". Buy cheap, buy twice. That is what I say.

I just was putting out a feeler to see if maybe someone had some laying around. I don't feel like paying $450 again, yes, again, for these. I have 3 rim/tire combos now, but need another set for my double trailer.

I am not going steel wheels unless it is just to hold me over until I find some aluminum ones.

Shipping, if done "right" and shipped UPS from a business, can be had for under $15 per rim/tire combo. Been there, done that. One perk of shipping from work.

I know I said something before on here about Red Trailers, but I wll say it again for those who may not have seen it.

I have been to their "store/warehouse" in Quakertown, Pa. I have seen their stuff as it comes out of the crate from China. One word describes it.................Junk.
    So buyer beware when it comes to them.

They tried to sell me a trailer that had the tongue angled 5" off-center. Ray Charles could have seen just how bad it was.

Edit: I have these now, want 3 more. Will buy new again unless I find some used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alumi...Q5fAccessories
    don`t misunderstand jerome, not saying you have your hand out. I have purchased some items from RT and the axle and hubs are what i expected and still in use... as far as the wheels and tires from that other site, I was very surprised to see that the tires were chinese, top of the shelf chinese at that... but it is a very good radial... just saying...
    I believe the tires I have on my trailer now are made by greenball as are many... I do agree that carlise is a very good tire...

WOW!!! those wheels in the link look very very nice!!! what tire came with?

I paid close to 300 with the 2 alum/tire combo that I have that are cough cough chinese

+1
    It's cool Andy, Just saying that so that others don't think I am a cheap bastard. lol

I have carlisle tires on the ones I have now. Those are for my single trailer, I need some now for my double that I am doing over. See trailer section.

My single will be an all-out "perfect" job. The double is just me doing what I can now with my bad back. When, and if I am ever "better", the single will be a winter project.

Glad that your items from RT are working well for you. I just know that what I saw, I would not trust. Maybe they have a better line of items now? Maybe I will buy a spare hub for the trailer and give them a shot.

Oh, those rims in that pic, I am painting the "windows" inside black. I may mirror polish the rims. Still not sure. I will have enough to polish with all the diamond plate on it as is.

It's cool Andy, Just saying that so that others don't think I am a cheap bastard. lol

I have carlisle tires on the ones I have now. Those are for my single trailer, I need some now for my double that I am doing over. See trailer section.

My single will be an all-out "perfect" job. The double is just me doing what I can now with my bad back. When, and if I am ever "better", the single will be a winter project.

Glad that your items from RT are working well for you. I just know that what I saw, I would not trust. Maybe they have a better line of items now? Maybe I will buy a spare hub for the trailer and give them a shot.

Oh, those rims in that pic, I am painting the "windows" inside black. I may mirror polish the rims. Still not sure. I will have enough to polish with all the diamond plate on it as is.
    awesome Jerome, yeah your trailer build is coming along nicely... first time I heard of the silver por15 seperating...
    I just looked and my spare is a loadstar... I`ll have to look to see what`s on the trailer...
    ah, the tires on the trailer currently are TOW MASTER...

Thread Information