Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

engine icon and warning light/chime 06 GP1300R??? please advise...

today i was out on lake kinda choppy...out for maybe 15 minutes 25-30 mph just tooling around then engine icon starts blinking and warning light buzzer/chime goes off. i turn off motor, start again while idle i hold button and get a 01 code= normal??? so i start to move forward 2 minutes into 15mph same thing i push button hold 8 seconds code 01 =normal??? WTF ski has 69 hrs no engine work . full tank oil and gas. only thing i am doing different is 1/2 ounce oil in with fuel. could this make the waning go off? pulled out of water made sure nothing got sucked up all clear... hooked up hose while at idle same scenario and same code 01??? any help would be greatly welcomed.. thanks Bruce

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    today i was out on lake kinda choppy...out for maybe 15 minutes 25-30 mph just tooling around then engine icon starts blinking and warning light buzzer/chime goes off. i turn off motor, start again while idle i hold button and get a 01 code= normal??? so i start to move forward 2 minutes into 15mph same thing i push button hold 8 seconds code 01 =normal??? WTF ski has 69 hrs no engine work . full tank oil and gas. only thing i am doing different is 1/2 ounce oil in with fuel. could this make the waning go off? pulled out of water made sure nothing got sucked up all clear... hooked up hose while at idle same scenario and same code 01??? any help would be greatly welcomed.. thanks Bruce
    sometimes if you pull the lanyard when the warning goes off it will clear the code

next time it goes off dont kill it, just push the button and check the code

+1
    WFO, i did that on the second go around when i held button for the 8 count to see the 01 for the second time even though light was on and chime was ringing and engine icon was on screen. i took it out later and nothing had happened . only thing i noticed was the tach is now hanging at 800 ish then around 4k it just shows up again. i installed a tiny tach tonight and ck'd all plugs(which looked ok but turned up fuel controller a couple notches to see how she runs) and electrical connections, charged battery,ck'd pump and impellar to see if something was jammed or clogging but nothing. this ski does have the jet works mod for temp sensor delete and there is a diode installed but previous owner said he never had an issue with warning light or buzzer. i read on here that for 05 and above to not bother with diode. ??? i have to clean up ride plate at work then i will have it back together for a thursday night run to ck it all out.

+1
    That beeping/alarm can be strange in the EFI skis..we have the same ski. When I did my D plate I held off doing the home made resistor and keeped the plug in exhaust temp in like normal....I had the beeping/alarm but an 01(normal) not a 53 (exh temp malfunction)...even tried the Riva chip..samething..eventually made the the 2.2k resistor and beeping/alarm went away.

+1
    jetdave, thanks for the input i will send a pm to previous owner to see if he remembers what he put in for a diode. i looked at all his posts but saw nothing about what he did. going to ck it out in a few i will post what happens

curious as to why your running a controller with just the D plate listed in your mods?

+1
    pale rider, it came with the ski. ...... i wasn't gonna take it off. previous owner had lots of stuff done to ski ..................tonights report---no warning light or buzzer ! yahoo.. 67.1 on mild chop 1 click down on trim. tiny tach reading 6900-6910 for max. stock tach still nothing from 800-4000??? not sure if problem is gone or just waiting to come back??

pale rider, it came with the ski. ...... i wasn't gonna take it off. previous owner had lots of stuff done to ski ..................tonights report---no warning light or buzzer ! yahoo.. 67.1 on mild chop 1 click down on trim. tiny tach reading 6900-6910 for max. stock tach still nothing from 800-4000??? not sure if problem is gone or just waiting to come back??
    so there are more mods but not listed? that rpm is low.
    stock bar gauge not showing rpms from 800-4K?

+1
    i just updated the mod list to what i know. engine is stock except for d-plate and EFI. everything else is bolt on hull stuff

i just updated the mod list to what i know. engine is stock except for d-plate and EFI. everything else is bolt on hull stuff
    is that prop to tall for your ski? sounds like you are way low on rpm`s.

which R&D FA, the one that`s on the airbox, or the one that replaces the air box?
    do you know what your controller is set at?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information