Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Wink Salt or Freshwater Aquariums

I know this isn't a "toy" per-se, but I thought I would see how many hobbyist aquarium owners are here.
    I have had freshwater aquariums since I was 10. I am thinking about buying a salt setup.
    Anyone care to share any experiences?

Here's my:
    55 gallon Oceanic Fresh
    Eheim 2213 Canister filter
    Ebo-Jager heater
    Aquaclear 4000 powerhead
    All on an Oak Stand w/Canopy.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    billy i think you just became my new best friend LOL i have had fish since i was 5 LOL i have had a always had fresh i switched to salt when i was 16 and have had it since then i have a 150 gallon salt tank so if you need some help let me know

+1
    here are some of my tank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010008.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	345.0 KB 
ID:	9818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010017.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	9819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010022.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	9820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2110245.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	9821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2110247.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	9822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2130248.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	9823  

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i've got several thousand gallons... several pumps, pressurized filter systems, UV lights and sterilizers, water features, over 60 japanese koi and butterfly koi that vary from newborn babies up to fat 18" monsters that eat everything in sight

i have 3 fish ponds. one is separate with waterfall and whatnot. the other 2 are connected and large, has an 8 foot bridge that crosses over one side of it, they overflow into each other, vegetation and colors and statues and whatnot like crazy... it's my father and I's hobby. we dug it all by hand and sculpted it out, and every year we make improvements. next year we are shooting for about a 8' X 4" expansion which will add quite a few more gallons... we love it

also have a 125 gallon tank in the house with a under-gravel dual canister pressurized filtration system with 1/2 HP pump

+1
    damn shibby lol take some pics

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superduty View Post
    damn shibby lol take some pics
    yeah, like dash said....damn Shib-dawg !
    u-da-man

Dash, cool setup. I'm glad yur local. I'll be picking your brain when the time comes

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i just winterized my ponds last weekend, so pics wont show the full effect ... winterizing meaning i put all the fish into the deepest largest pond bc it never freezes solid, and gotta rip the pots and plants apart and clean up the vegetation and whatnot and put the pots in the botom of the pond so they dont freeze... it's damn close to bare naked right now... gotta look around see if i have any pics of the ponds from summer time.

the tank inside i usually use to let the babies from the ponds grow up... otherwise the big fish just eat the eggs and babies for breakfast. Once they are about 2 inches long and turn from black to color then the big fish leave them alone for the most part.

biggest problem is the Heron and birds that like to land in the backyard on occassion and start stealing our prize possessions.. then u find fish heads and bones on the patio... not cool when some of these fish are worth upwards of 400-600 bucks... but we've got down some good techniques now that keep the birds and raccoons from touching the ponds

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    yeah, like dash said....damn Shib-dawg !
    u-da-man

Dash, cool setup. I'm glad yur local. I'll be picking your brain when the time comes

billy let me know i use to work at a pet store and she sells saltwater fish and she will hook me up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    i just winterized my ponds last weekend, so pics wont show the full effect ... winterizing meaning i put all the fish into the deepest largest pond bc it never freezes solid, and gotta rip the pots and plants apart and clean up the vegetation and whatnot and put the pots in the botom of the pond so they dont freeze... it's damn close to bare naked right now... gotta look around see if i have any pics of the ponds from summer time.

the tank inside i usually use to let the babies from the ponds grow up... otherwise the big fish just eat the eggs and babies for breakfast. Once they are about 2 inches long and turn from black to color then the big fish leave them alone for the most part.

biggest problem is the Heron and birds that like to land in the backyard on occassion and start stealing our prize possessions.. then u find fish heads and bones on the patio... not cool when some of these fish are worth upwards of 400-600 bucks... but we've got down some good techniques now that keep the birds and raccoons from touching the ponds

yea i know some about koi my dad did some work for a lady in texas city and she has 18 acres she has 20ponds and she breeds and sells em she gave me like 50 one time i love the platinum ones they are pretty

+1
    I have 200 gallon Saltwater Live reef tank I have had it for about 5 years now.....

I luv my tank its sooo relaxing

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information