Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Calling all 951 Carb Guru's... HELP!

Hey there...

on my GSXL, new engine, rebuilt carbs... On the trailer in the water or just plain in the water..

It starts up fine, idles fine... If I am at 1/4 throttle and holding it there then WOT it stalls. It will do this until I am around 30mph. Once I hit 30, WOT will scream all no problem and perfect responce.

Tonight I ran the ON from the fuel sending unit straight to the carb, elimating the main fuel filter and the fuel selector. Problem still exists.

Ive been pulling my hair out for a week at this point trying to resolve this.

Interested in hearing what people think.

Quote Originally Posted by ccstamoulis View Post
    Hey there...

on my GSXL, new engine, rebuilt carbs... On the trailer in the water or just plain in the water..

It starts up fine, idles fine... If I am at 1/4 throttle and holding it there then WOT it stalls. It will do this until I am around 30mph. Once I hit 30, WOT will scream all no problem and perfect responce.

Tonight I ran the ON from the fuel sending unit straight to the carb, elimating the main fuel filter and the fuel selector. Problem still exists.

Ive been pulling my hair out for a week at this point trying to resolve this.

I have a feeling you may have wrong carb jets

GSX LTD (5625)

BN-46I-42
    MAIN-(MAG - 160 PTO - 162.5) PILOT-80
    42 - 47 pop off
    LOW- 1-3/4 HIGH- 0
    ACCEL PUMP ON PTO CARB

+1
    Is you accel pump working ???

A lot of people dont understand what it does.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ccstamoulis View Post
    Its obvious, the only common denominator is you . I'm going thru pretty much the same...there are so many variables. If its any help I tore down my fuel system and (following the shop manual) testing and double testing each circuit as I rebuild it. Tedious but I'm tried of rushing it and finished rebuilding the ski this week and same problem; better to do it right the first time.

I want to blame the accl pump BADLY.. Does it prime itself when you let got of the throttle and squirt only when you squeeze it or does it constantly spray the entire time the throttle is pulled and ski is running?

I am going to pull the accl pump out and put on a block plate and then reject. that thing is a pain in the ass! What is the jetting I should run with a brand new engine and where can I get the jets + a block plate?

I too rushed through the carb rebuild. I will pull them off again when I get the jets and block plate then run through them with a fine tooth comb!!! ugh!!

**grumble** rebuilt a million carbs, why is THIS time different? **grumble**

PS: I am running 32:1 premix.. I would expect a little bogginess from the oil during break in, but not what I am experincing

+1
    I would check the accelerator pumps first as stated. Then try this While it is running pull the fuel return hose off (have container ready)and get it into the rev range that is giving you trouble observe what happens . If fuel returning pressure drops you have a fuel pump delivery problem . Go through the carbs and check all the check valves,o/rings,gaskets,springs,needle and seat and all screws are in place.
    Attached Files Attached Files

make sure if you change the n/s springs you use the correct ones and check popoff

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    i dont think the acc pump is working, it supposed to squirt on demand, you should not have to wait, and it should be a long strong squirt,

Ya, I am betting on the accl pump too...

I want it gone.. I need a block off plate and the right jetting.. Can someone point me in the right direction?? Pretty please I will order right away.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information