Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

super charger question

Alright I made the mistake of buying another stock SCer from seadoo for my 04 rxp. What I wanna know is cant I put the minirude or the xx riva upgrade on the charger I have or does it need to be an X charger already?

+1
    Needs to be an X already..The 215 HP Scers are 127 mm wheels and the X and Mini Rudes are 137 mm wheels..NOW you can take that housing and send it to Nils or other respectable members on this thread and have the back cut to fit the 137mm wheels and all youll need is the wheel and front cover...

so it can be done? more reasonable to just sell the one i have now and just go with a complete one? and if so which one is the best?

i've seen wheels and front housings going for around $200. if yours doesn't need to be rebuilt anytime soon, then having the back housing machined out and using the guts from yours with the new front housing and wheel could be cost effective. how many hours are on the supercharger? when you say bought another SC from seadoo, what did you do with the old one?

my old one was blown bad the wheel didnt even turn. On the back housing it heated up so bad that the paint boiled off it in one spot, but I still have it, its just sitting in the garage. But the new chrager i bought it in may, i dont think ive put 20 hours on it yet.

if the cost of the machining is around $100, i'd go for it, as long as you can find a front housing and wheel for around $200. you'd be out about a little over $300 and some time and effectively have an x-charger. if you sold your charger, you'd probably get $200-300, then have to spend $400+ on the x-charger.

first question who would do the machining? and can I put anything bigger than a "x" like a mini rude or a 2rude housing and wheel if so then where can i find the wheel housing combo? I know its on here for around 7-800 but if I could find it somewhere else cheaperthat would be great

once the back housing has been machined to the size of an x-charger, you should be able to put in a mini rude or riva XX upgrade. the 2rude upgrade says it is not for stock supercharger housings, only their housings.

thats cool the minirude would probably work then. who do you recomend can do it?

snoman mentioned nils, who has been mentioned in a few other threads i read. he can also let you know more about what other upgrades you can do with the rude parts:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/member.php?215-Nils888

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information