Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winterization Question

Hey guys

Currently have 3 skis - 95 SLX, 96 SL780 and 97 SLX Pro 785.

Just got a hose adapter to hook up the garden hose to them.

Can i fog em out while hooked up to the garden hose? (i think the answer is yes)

Should i be concerned about water left inside while running them on the hose? (i think no, but i'm not sure and would rather not have 3 cracked blocks in the spring)

Never had one of these hose adapters before.

Thanks
    Brent

I would like to know also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_TDI View Post

97 SLX Pro 785.

Should i be concerned about water left inside while running them on the hose? (i think no, but i'm not sure and would rather not have 3 cracked blocks in the spring)

Thanks
    Brent
    With the 785 yes. I have personally experienced a broken pipe from freezing. I use rv antifreeze and run it through there before winter time here in Michigan. I don't worry about my other ski's but thats just me.

You can fog with the hose connected but to be honest there is no point. You need to turn the water off before you kill the motor, so if you fog and then go and shut the water off and come back your fog is not as good as I would like it to be.

How do you run the antifreeze through on the 785?

+1
    How do you run the antifreeze through on the 785?
    do have a stock head?

Stock everything... including water routing right now (just got the machine)

+1
    Stock everything... including water routing right now (just got the machine)
    There is a good chance that someone else has a better way, but pinch the hose coming off the head. Remove the water temp sensor and install your flush kit and just pour some rv antifreeze down there. Start it up and let it idol and continue to poor more. Eventually you may or may not see it come out your pissers but even if you don't you should be good enough.

Sounds good.

For my other two all i've done is run them dry to get the water out... and i've been good for 3 years now.

I figured the pro would be different...

Sorry if it's a dumb question but what is meant by "fog out".

[I got my first jetski (Polaris SLT 700) this weekend on an impulsive blind bid at an auction. I checked it over and everything in great shape so I took the chance to run it and after a couple of hours of fun it's a case of "so far, so great" I am convert! I was interested in this thread as I will need to winterize here in MD]

Get a can of fogging oil... comes in an aerosol can. You can get Polaris branded stuff at your local dealer. Basically you fire it up and spray a healthy dose down each carb while running. It'll start to smoke so you know its taking effect. Once you're done that, pull each plug and put a squirt down each, cover each plug hole with a rag of some type and crank the engine a couple times.

The oil coats the inside of the crank and cylinders to prevent rusting due to condensation and also prevents piston rings from sticking to the cylinder walls.

Hope that helps. I'm sure others can add their suggestions as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information