Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    which carb throttle cable for efi ski?

    I can`t remember what I`ve been told. some folks have used a carb`d 1200 throttle cable when going premix on the efi ski`s and when using wider bars bc the cable is longer and one piece. Which model and year is this cable? Thanks...


  2. #2
    Andy if you cant figure it out, I used an xlt800 cable for my EFI conversion on my XLT. Its a foot longer than a stock 1200 cable and works great. You can always have extra since its sleeved.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Andy if you cant figure it out, I used an xlt800 cable for my EFI conversion on my XLT. Its a foot longer than a stock 1200 cable and works great. You can always have extra since its sleeved.
    what are the details of the cable, straight ends at the TB`s, or curved metal tube? is the stock 1200 cable to short?
    sleeved??? you mean the whole cable is sheathed?
    are you using an aftermarket throttle or the factory finger throttle? Thanks...

  4. #4
    I am using a umi trigger, no metal curve as its no needed because it doesnt get pulled like the GPR cables. The XLT Stock 1200 cable was very tight at the wheel on the EFI due to the fact the wheel was towards the middle of the TB's and the Carbs have the wheel on the most forwad part of the rack towards the front of the ski. Yes I mean sheathed.
    The 800 cable is much longer because its one cylinder less and picture it as if the most forward cylinder is missing. So if you were to compare it to a 1300, it only has cylinder 2/3. So the carb rack sit much farther back in an 800 hull hence why it required a longer cable compared to the 1200.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    I am using a umi trigger, no metal curve as its no needed because it doesnt get pulled like the GPR cables. The XLT Stock 1200 cable was very tight at the wheel on the EFI due to the fact the wheel was towards the middle of the TB's and the Carbs have the wheel on the most forwad part of the rack towards the front of the ski. Yes I mean sheathed.
    The 800 cable is much longer because its one cylinder less and picture it as if the most forward cylinder is missing. So if you were to compare it to a 1300, it only has cylinder 2/3. So the carb rack sit much farther back in an 800 hull hence why it required a longer cable compared to the 1200.
    ok, understood... even tho the cable assy is longer it should still work in a GPR. The OEM cable is fine for injection as the metal cable itself is the perfect length. but add wider or raise the bars and it`s just on the side of needing a bit more slack.
    66E-67252-00-00, that looks like the part number...
    do you think it will work with the OEM trigger?

    what your were explaining to me is that the original cable that you were trying to use was tight at the TB connection? was this giving you a no start from it being to tight?

  6. #6
    It will work, Jim is using it on his wife's XLT. When I tried it it was too tight on minre for some reason. I was 2 inches too short..NO COMMENTS!!!...lol
    The perfectionist I am I wanted something with a little more slack and I had it lying around from when I had taken the 800 apart this past winter. The ends are identical on both sides so you won't have any issues with the install. Just make sure thats the part number from XLT800 not a GPR800.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    It will work, Jim is using it on his wife's XLT. When I tried it it was too tight on minre for some reason. I was 2 inches too short..NO COMMENTS!!!...lol
    The perfectionist I am I wanted something with a little more slack and I had it lying around from when I had taken the 800 apart this past winter. The ends are identical on both sides so you won't have any issues with the install. Just make sure thats the part number from XLT800 not a GPR800.
    thank you, that was a huge help... I think that part number I posted also went on a gp800...but it is listed for an xlt800 for 2004...

  8. #8
    It could very well be because that engine would be set back in the gpr hull as well. Its a misconception everyone thinks you can drop a 1200/1300 engine in an 800 hull. You can't the motor mounts are in different locations and the size of the mount itself is half the size of a 12/13.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    It could very well be because that engine would be set back in the gpr hull as well. Its a misconception everyone thinks you can drop a 1200/1300 engine in an 800 hull. You can't the motor mounts are in different locations and the size of the mount itself is half the size of a 12/13.
    I thought some hulls had provisions for both mounting locations...

  10. #10
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,132
    +1
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    ok, understood... even tho the cable assy is longer it should still work in a GPR. The OEM cable is fine for injection as the metal cable itself is the perfect length. but add wider or raise the bars and it`s just on the side of needing a bit more slack.
    66E-67252-00-00, that looks like the part number...
    do you think it will work with the OEM trigger?

    what your were explaining to me is that the original cable that you were trying to use was tight at the TB connection? was this giving you a no start from it being to tight?
    Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I couldnt send Pale Rider a PM, and it's better than starting a new one with the same question.


    I was thinking to get new handle bars on the ski. How do you like your setup? Where did you get your bars and what style are they? Also I was looking for a replacement cable because I understand that the stock one is a bit to short and saw this post from you mentioning this cable 66E-67252-00-00 as the replacement. Is that what worked for you? I didnt see a follow up. Thanks for the info!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB-Throttle Cable for '96 SLTX
    By Keddano in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 07:03 AM
  2. Tricking Oil Level Sensor for EFI Skis
    By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 08:47 AM
  3. Shorter throttle cable for GPRX
    By mrbtd in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 05:04 PM
  4. Amsoil HP injector oil for EFI ski's....
    By WATER WOODY in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 12:13 AM
  5. Unifilters for EFI skis
    By shooter98xpl in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 05:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •