+1

Pump assembly 2004 GTX 4-Tec Wake

Hey everyone. I'm a Kawasaki guy helping a friend with his SeaDoo. He just bought an 04' GTX 4-tec Wake Edition. Dirt cheap, but someone had stolen the entire pump off the thing over the winter.

My mission is to source a used pump. However, I'm a bit confused (and not familiar) with SeaDoo's lineup. So I turn to everyone here for help.

I've so far surmised that the 1494cc GTX's in the 02-05 range used a 155.8mm diameter pump. I see that 155.5 was also a common size, then I see 159.8 as well.

I have not seen any 155.8mm pumps advertised for sale. Actually, most of the time, the sellers don't even disclose the pump diameter. They just list the machine. I've got different info sheets from Skat and Solas that list different size pumps for the same machine!

Then there's the plastic vs metal deal.

So can anyone steer me in the right direction? Over on PWC I've gotten feedback that 'any 155mm' pump should work. Does this sound right?

So this is not going to be easy. I need everything back there.

+1
    What Hp model? If it is a 215hp It will take the aluminum 159mm pump assy.
    Also what diameter is the drive shaft?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by witness140 View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm a Kawasaki guy helping a friend with his SeaDoo. He just bought an 04' GTX 4-tec Wake Edition. Dirt cheap, but someone had stolen the entire pump off the thing over the winter.

My mission is to source a used pump. However, I'm a bit confused (and not familiar) with SeaDoo's lineup. So I turn to everyone here for help.

I've so far surmised that the 1494cc GTX's in the 02-05 range used a 155.8mm diameter pump. I see that 155.5 was also a common size, then I see 159.8 as well.

I have not seen any 155.8mm pumps advertised for sale. Actually, most of the time, the sellers don't even disclose the pump diameter. They just list the machine. I've got different info sheets from Skat and Solas that list different size pumps for the same machine!

Then there's the plastic vs metal deal.

So can anyone steer me in the right direction? Over on PWC I've gotten feedback that 'any 155mm' pump should work. Does this sound right?

So this is not going to be easy. I need everything back there.
    I just helped a friend get a new pump for his wake. I put an 05 RXP pump on it and changed the wear ring because the inside diameter of the ring is different. We went with the stainless wear ring and you can buy it in the website store.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1205
    I also recommend the Solas for the 155. It works much better than stock.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=502

Those pumps are on here all of the time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Also what diameter is the drive shaft?
    The prop for the 155 will bolt onto the pump shaft no problem.

+1
    basically the aluminum pump is the way to go, any 2004 to 2007 pump will do, rxp rxt gtx, etc , as long as it is alumuinum.
    now, to note, the impeller and wear ring for the wake editition, (smaller engine) is a smaller diameter.
    you would have swapped your wake impeller and wake wear ring into the aluminum pump housing, but since you dont have it, just make sure you buy the correct diameter wear ring, and correct impeller for that model.
    tell us your engine specs...
    155 hp or 185 hp, 215 hp supercharged?? intercooled??
    i am guessing your ski is 155 hp, but confirm before you buy an impeller, you can get a used oem imepller for that model cheep, or a good solas, for slightly better performance.

+1
    in case i wasnt clear, the pump housing is the same wether 159mm or 155mm, its the size of the wear ring and impeller that vary inside of it.
    post up in the clasifieds, i have seen whole pump units from housing to reverse gate, go up for sale, also lots of guys aprting entire skis, should not be that hard to find.
    also contact jetskihaven, he is a ski parter outer... i got my pump from him i have a 2003 GT SC, had aplastic pump, now an 05 aluminum rxt pump...

+1
    looks like a full pump assembly available, all you would need is a wear ring and correct impeller... the 215 impeller would be way overpropped for your machine
    hes also in maryland
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...215sc-part-out

I have an aluminum pump housing that came off of a RXP. It includes all the bearings and impeller shaft pressed in. The wear ring was removed, so this should make for a good general pump housing, whether it is to upgrade from plastic, or to replace in your case cause someone stole yours. I also have an impeller but I am not sure if it will be the one that you need? The part# 267000321, I know it was for a non-S/C RXP, but I'm not sure if they used the same part in the earlier Wakeboard edition skis? I guess let me know if you are still looking? I'd be happy to help out. THanks

Ben

Thread Information