Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

C1 + boost clamp

Can I add a C1 and a boost clamp to my ski and still have safe AFRs? I want my setup to be simple and I don't want to deal with a powershot or fuel pressure regulator. If the SHO engine runs rich from the factory won't the stock ECU be able to adjust for a little more air? Arn't there a bunch of guys in the Cayman Islands running bigger wheels without adding more fuel...

+1
    You can run a C1 with no powershot, no FPR, and no reflash. It's says so right on R&D site and in the online store.

OR

You can add in a reflash and still not have to worry about a FPR, or Powershot. You'll enjoy even better performance and no need to mess with fueling. The stock ECU is pretty smart, and even better once reflashed. Once the rev and boost limits are raised, when the ski sees more boost from the C1, it will add more fuel automatically with R&D's programming.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    I'm running the C1 and the R2 reflash, no powershot, no FPR, no fuel issues. I should have some new mph #s shortly as I finally got my 14/20 back from Impros. It's all shined up and ready to go!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    You can run a C1 with no powershot, no FPR, and no reflash. It's says so right on R&D site and in the online store.

OR

You can add in a reflash and still not have to worry about a FPR, or Powershot. You'll enjoy even better performance and no need to mess with fueling. The stock ECU is pretty smart, and even better once reflashed. Once the rev and boost limits are raised, when the ski sees more boost from the C1, it will add more fuel automatically with R&D's programming.
    Good info hitman. For now I want to stick with my stock ECU and maybe later upgrade to the R1 or R2. C1 and a boost clamp seem to be like the ticket for a recreational ski with a small budget. I figure a C1 with boost clamp should be good for +2 mph on top end but its more for the acceleration!

Also, the C1 with my bov should mean a very little chance of clutch failure (fingers crossed) and if Yamaha ever releases some upgraded clutch than it should be bulletproof

+1
    I would recommend going with a reflash as soon as possible--even on a budget Mike. Getting off the limiter is key IMO. Added boost is great too.

Personally, I wouldn't spend the money on the clamp. Save for the reflash because you know you will have it at some point.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I would recommend going with a reflash as soon as possible--even on a budget Mike. Getting off the limiter is key IMO. Added boost is great too.

Personally, I wouldn't spend the money on the clamp. Save for the reflash because you know you will have it at some point.
    I know what you mean Craig but for now the C1 and boost clamp is where I want to be. I ride in the ocean and I beat the ski pretty hard so the engine is subjected to a lot of extra stress so I dont want to deal with the extra risk involved with a reflash right now. Maybe in the future though

+1
    If you're currently at 7500 rpm, once you add the C1 and boost clamp, you should be pretty close to 7700, maybe even on the limiter. May have to add a little pitch to that 13/23. Maybe not. Just throwing that out there so you are ready for it if it happens.

+1
    If you're currently at 7500 rpm, once you add the C1 and boost clamp, you should be pretty close to 7700, maybe even on the limiter. May have to add a little pitch to that 13/23. Maybe not. Just throwing that out there so you are ready for it if it happens.
    My skat is a true 14/22 and I'm at 7500rpms (with the seats off) Its more like 7420 with the seats on.

+1
    It will be close. Get as close as you can to 7700 rpm without actually being on the limiter. Weather conditions will effect it but you can play around with exit nozzle size to correct that. Or run a fall/spring prop and a summer prop.

+1
    It will be close. Get as close as you can to 7700 rpm without actually being on the limiter. Weather conditions will effect it but you can play around with exit nozzle size to correct that. Or run a fall/spring prop and a summer prop.
    Well until I test this setup next spring I won't know for sure but I have no problem tweeking my prop for maximum proformance. I think the skat will react good to the extra power. Right now the 14* leading edge is a little to much but with a c1 I might even bump it up to 15*. Not so sure on how much I'll need to adjust the trailing edge but I might end up pitching it to 23*. Ok I've already gotten too far aheard of myself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information