Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RXPX Engine ???

Smile RXPX Engine ???

I have a modded 2008 RXPX with RR 8650 ECU, Riva exhaust, 60LB injectors, RR wheel & spacer, Riva intake manifold kit, Riva 3" intake, Solas prop, Denso plugs, Pump extension kit, R&D intake Grate, Riva sponsons, Riva OPAS take-offs, stock water box,stock fuel pump. Just ported the head (moderate not overly aggressive) and put in new piston rings, bearings, timing chain, and have only run the ski about 3 hours just varying the RPM's then let it cool down then run it easy and blip the throttle ocassionally etc. The last leg home on Sunday I did a quick part throttle run up to 6,800 and it runs outstanding...I let off the throttle and hit again part throttle at about 7,000 and there was a slight hesitation that was not there before. Kind of a slight hesitiation then it hit again and took off...kind of like back in the day with old carb engines where you are rolling around 60 MPH and punch it then you get a slight bog/hesitation before it hits which back then on a carb motor it usually was lean.

Think it is maybe a simple fuel filter problem or is it lean? When these engines run lean will they give a slight hesitation in upper RPM range or maybe something else? Absolutely no bog off idle. I was thinking about a RR fuel pressure regulator but PPG says with the RR racing ECU and 60 LB injectors fuel should be pretty close...any thoughts or opinions? Thanks!

Banned User
    +1
    which ecu is that the stock class? or the 8800? i believe the stock class is mapped for stock injectors. either way you need something to watch afr's

Banned User
    +1
    x2 on AFR's, this might lead you into the right direction...

What slip are you running on the charger?

With that level of mods you should absolutely be monitoring AFR's to get the fuel setup correct. I'm sure once you check the AFR's you'll have your answer.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    which ecu is that the stock class? or the 8800? i believe the stock class is mapped for stock injectors. either way you need something to watch afr's
    It is not the stock class...the 8800 ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post
    x2 on AFR's, this might lead you into the right direction...

What slip are you running on the charger?
    We just put the charger at stock settings as far as slip.

Smile

Thanks for all the replies...is there a kit already made up of an AFR gauge, mount, hoses, AFR adapter into exhaust ready for purhcase? I think Riva had an AFR bung but not sure.? A complete kit would be nice.

+1
    Ebay and search innovate lc1 full kits about 190. You just need to tap manifold bro.
    If you decide to purchase that one make sure you get the blue gauge.

What about that AFR kit with the R&D X tender o2 mount...looks like a quick install.

+1
    The 02 extender can be a pain to install and the manifold method is cleaner imo. It's up to you though bro.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information