Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Honda Engine Trouble 2006 Turbo

Plz Help I have an 06 Honda Aquatrax Turbo 3 seater its new with 25hrs on it that i have placed on it. It starts when cold no problems but when I have been riding it and stop the engine its hard to start not all the time but alot of the time it takes like 15sec to start then it cough and stops then it starts again. I have had new spark plugs run the best high octain fuel fuel pump work great. Im thinking it might be a sensor reading that its cold when its hot pumping to much fuel through ? plz any ideas or help

It runs great but only when it warms up sometimes hard to start ?

+1
    Maybe it is a bad oil temp sensor showing "cold" and keeping it in the enrichment mode constantly. Buy a can of Sea Foam and dump it in the gas tank to see if it is a dirty injector leaking down also.

Does it smoke a lot when it finally does crank?

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    Maybe it is a bad oil temp sensor showing "cold" and keeping it in the enrichment mode constantly. Buy a can of Sea Foam and dump it in the gas tank to see if it is a dirty injector leaking down also.

Does it smoke a lot when it finally does crank?

No smoke but it takes bout 10 15 sec to start then coffs and turns off then when i hit start it starts with no smoke

+1
    When the main relay goes bad it does strange things. I would replace it since you will eventually have to anyway.

I have sent my jetski to Honda workshop thay have informed me that the computer is not showing any falts and that they thing that my fuel unjectors might be leaking or half blocked. So its costing me $700.00 to get them taken out tested cleaned and then put back into my ski. If that dose not work I will start replacing sensors but not sure what ones...All I can see is $$$$$$$$ leaving my pocket.

I have sent my jetski to Honda workshop thay have informed me that the computer is not showing any falts and that they thing that my fuel unjectors might be leaking or half blocked. So its costing me $700.00 to get them taken out tested cleaned and then put back into my ski. If that dose not work I will start replacing sensors but not sure what ones...All I can see is $$$$$$$$ leaving my pocket. Its bad Im not sure if it is the fuel unjectors

IMO, get a second opinion. It sounds like they are just throwing parts at it and don't know what the issue is. Why waste your hard earned money?

Still after advise plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I just heard back from Honda they have informed me that my fuel unjectors are fine so now they have told me that it might be the temp air intake sensor and the cost $90.00 to replace. And if that dose not work they told me to replace the Mapping sensors $ cost for 2 500.00. Im so lost now I so need help no one knows what it might be. I asked if its the oil temp sensor and was told no its not.
    Last edited by Kiwiboy-2008; 09-10-2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Spelling

You are so right but when you only have 1 Honda shop on the Gold Coast and the other shops dont care as you did not buy the ski from them your stuffed. I have called over 15 jetski workshops all over Australia and get told 15 different problems ? I dont know what to do may be sink it lol............
    Last edited by Kiwiboy-2008; 09-10-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: spelling

+1
    in this case a plug check will actually work (not usually for 4stroke). The plugs will be black. If not, then it's not rich. I have an old ecu thats 10% richer than the others and if I don't run plenty of wot runs each time out then my plugs will stay black. If they're not sooting then i dont think it's a rich restart.

If not blk, then you might have a lean start. To test this, when you are in that situation again after a hot run, then try this:
    1) hit stop button to restart the system and let it go thru it's 3 second chk,
    2) hit the start button for two seconds(count one-one thousand two-one thousand) then stop.
    3) wait 5 seconds for the fuel mist to vaporize in the chambers
    4) hit the start button again...it should fire up within a second or two.
    5) if it does then you're lean imo. This process also provides the quickest starts when you're starting rich, so either way it should help you restart. But it still means something isnt quite right.

i know it sounds like i pull this shit out of my ass, but i have a very rich 02 so i've had the opportunity to do some troubleshooting on rich conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboy-2008 View Post
    Plz Help I have an 06 Honda Aquatrax Turbo 3 seater its new with 25hrs on it that i have placed on it. It starts when cold no problems but when I have been riding it and stop the engine its hard to start not all the time but alot of the time it takes like 15sec to start then it cough and stops then it starts again. I have had new spark plugs run the best high octain fuel fuel pump work great. Im thinking it might be a sensor reading that its cold when its hot pumping to much fuel through ? plz any ideas or help

It runs great but only when it warms up sometimes hard to start ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information