Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anything wrong with Shell gas?

I was checking Les Cooke web-site and found this mentioned at the bottom of the chargers offer:

These parts are racing parts. Use of these parts on your Seadoo void manufacturer warranty. All listed components have been tested and are only suitable for use with 98 octane premium ULP (do not use any type of Shell fuel).

Anybody has more info on this?
    Is it related to the quality of additives Shell may use in local Australian market?
    Shell is the only source of 95 gas where I am located...

Interesting... however I don't have an answer for you since I'm in the states. We have Shell "V-Power" in my area which is 93 octane. I try to run only that fuel in almost everything I own, with BP as a second option.

Shell V-Power is one of the petter fuels out there if you ask me. That statment made by les cook likely means you need alot stronger fuel then pump fuel!

+1
    There is an instruction sheet that comes with the Rotax racing Ecu that states "do not use shell gasoline" That came from Rotax not Les Cooke so maybe shell gas is different over there?

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    There is an instruction sheet that comes with the Rotax racing Ecu that states "do not use shell gasoline" That came from Rotax not Les Cooke so maybe shell gas is different over there?
    RR is based in Europe, Les Cooke in Australia, so it could be more general than local?
    Shell is the only gas retailer where i am located that still does not mix its fuels with ethanol
    What could be worse than ethanol dilution for our 4-tec engine?

Moderated
    shell adds cleaning agents etc.. to their v power range which are not good for your worked ski motors.

i no longer use shell in my skis at all and my skis have been performing much better since the change.

Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    shell adds cleaning agents etc.. to their v power range which are not good for your worked ski motors.

i no longer use shell in my skis at all and my skis have been performing much better since the change.
    What makes you say your ski is performing much better? you are not saying you actually picked up rpm/mph just by changing to another brand...
    that would be a bit far-stretched... Can you pls describe any measurable effects and quote the new brand you are using

+1
    i use shell v power gas in my corvette my 500 plus horse powered svt cobra mustang my 1970 mustang mach1 and both of my rxps also my mach z 1000 and gtx 800 snowmachines.no problems with the gas.might be just good old canadian gas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post

I used to use BP religiously in both my skis before I tried Shell.. And after running Shell both my skis run way better now than they did on the BP...I get far better milage and performance out of the Shell..On a normal run i would go through a tank of BP..Now on that same run with Shell i have 3 bars left in both my skis...

+1
    I am pretty sure all fuels available here in the US have addatives and ethonal in them. I can see how some fuels may work better than others, there are those things you drop in your tank by Fitch that claim to give more power and better mileage, don't know how they do it something about modifying the molecules or some chit like that............mad scientist stuff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information