Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another conversion for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...62071645#v4-33

I havent ridden it all summer.. Im not sure why to be honest.. I just lost interest for whatever reason. Ive been riding my stand up mostly and then taking my other ski on the longer rides...

Its time to test the waters on it. LMK if there is any interest.

+1
    So you rebuilt the entire thing after dropping the S/C washer ?

No Bill. Nothing had to be rebuilt. As you may recall, It was a metal washer and it broke into three large pieces and dropped straight down. Nothing was damaged. I took it apart, removed the pieces, and then took it to a reputable machine shop so that they could search every inch of the motor for more pieces. They found nothing. Everything was put through a parts washer and the motor was reassembled and at that time I changed the flywheel bolts, the oil squirter, etc. The ski was then water tested, and it has now been sitting for half the summer.

Here is what the machinist who worked on it said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    I can vouch for this ski. The engine internals are MINT. Crank was dead nuts in spec, bearings are perfect, cylinder walls are imperfection free. Timing chain, cylinder head and everything else are perfect. No signs of any abuse, mistune, or water ingestion. Engine looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.
    He can be reached at Northeast Auto Machine or through GH if anyone has any questions about the motor or motor work.

Oh, and when the washer broke, the supercharger shaft was damaged, so I rebuilt it and sold it and purchased a BRAND NEW 2Rude charger for this ski. That is the charger that is in the ski now. It has approximately one hour of run time on it.

+1
    That is what I was getting @ a rebuild would of been crazy.

For those thinking about doing a conversion and not staying with a stock RXP set up this is the way to go. Forget buying/selling all the parts to make it work. At the end of it all you wont be able to build this ski for $7800.

The ECU,Head Work,Valves, Retainers , Injectors are worth $1500 alone. Figure your conversion parts and misc stuff is another $1500. Now you need to find a 25 hour RXP and a good clean GPR hull for less than 5K and do all the work. Even crashed RXP's are 3K at auction and you have no idea what you are buying.

+1
    Just realized the S/C is another $800 (used). This is a great deal. Especially considering you can test ride the thing.

+1
    Your missing a few details. SS 800 grate. 20 plate closed loop cooling. MSX waterbox. SS midshaft bearing support. SS throttle cable. Internal VTS attached to the GRP cable. 8650 rev limit with 50# injectors. J-pipe tapped for AFR.

Thanks! I revised it.
    Im keeping the SS800 grate and putting on the Riva aluminum grate when I sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Just realized the S/C is another $800 (used). This is a great deal. Especially considering you can test ride the thing.
    The SC is brand new with approx 1hr of run time on it.

Pending.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information