Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Green hulk / jerry

Jerry,
    Quick question for ya! In the past you have always went with the baddest ski out there and tried to see just how much you could accomplish with it.I think it all started with your SeaDoo rxp back in those days it was the hot ticket!!! Then you jumped to the SHO!!
    Then comes along the yamaha FZR and again your results and efforts have paved the way for so many pwc enthusiest it is just amazing at what you have accomplished. which brings me to my next question!!!! Since we know your not any brand loyal!!!!!! LOL
    If the 2011 kawasaki does have 300 hp like rumored would you consider trying one of them?
    I would really like to see what you and your resources could do with a Kawasaki platform.

+1
    Hi Jeff, If I was an ocean rider or always had choppy lake water to ride in then the Kawi would be my ski of choice.
    I'm more of a flat water/top speed guy.

+1
    I wouldn't assume the new kawi will be all about big chop this time.

I doubt the hull is changing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    I doubt the hull is changing.
    The hull will be different. Not an entirely new mold. But different in the way the fzr is different from the vx.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    The hull will be different. Not an entirely new mold. But different in the way the fzr is different from the vx.
    The FZR hull and the VX hull both come from from an entirely different mold. So what you said seems to make no sense at all.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    The FZR hull and the VX hull both come from from an entirely different mold. So what you said seems to make no sense at all.
    thats not true. THe fzr hull is based off the vx. Look at them side by side and it doesnt take someone "in the know" to confirm that. Sure the mold is different for mass production but the point is it is not entirely new. Testing started with supercharged 1100 ho motors in a standard vx and progressed from there. THe top deck is a modified fx.

+1
    thats not true. THe fzr hull is based off the vx. Look at them side by side and it doesnt take someone "in the know" to confirm that. Sure the mold is different for mass production but the point is it is not entirely new. Testing started with supercharged 1100 ho motors in a standard vx and progressed from there. THe top deck is a modified fx.
    I have to disagree with you and the specs of both models confirm my opinion. Sure...if you look at the photos of ALL the Yamaha models (except the stand up) they all look to be styled in a similiar fashion. The VX series and FZ series hulls ARE different. VXR; length 128.7" .....FZR ; 132.7" length....VXR 46.1" width,.....FZR 48.4" width,....even the storage is different between the 2 skis. VXR 15.1 gal ......FZR; 21.3 gal. I agree that early testing was done with a standard VX hull and a SC engine, but the end product resulted in the FZ series having the SC engine. Very few "v" bottom hulls are entirely new, the differences are usually in the dead rise, length and width. That said, the VX and FZR boat hulls come from different molds and are different hulls.

+1
    I think the Hull will be some what the same only having a different tail (rear) section it will be recessed up a lil giving the ski more nose lift probably in the last 18 inches of the hull..kinda like the trim tabs are on the GPR only it will be all solid hull,

+1
    I never said there werent differences and I am not going off photos. I have twenty of them in stock to look at everyday and an fzr in my garage along with a vx sho with a hole in the pump tunnel. I have intimate experience with these hulls. THe top deck is an entirely different discussion because it is a modified fx design.That is what makes the storage different.THe fzr is not a new fresh mold from scratch. I assure you. I work closely with yamaha and have known about this ski long before it made production. Ask those who were involved in testing (Scott Watkins) and others and they will confirm the same. As I even said there are changes to the hull but it is the basic design. Forget dimensions that take into account the shaping to meet the top deck and bond rails.. Again this is not an opinion. It is information from the source of the hull.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information