Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1

2003 GPR 1300 FOR SALE - Located in SAN DIEGO, CA

Well, this is a hard thing to do. After a long conversation this weekend with my wife discussing the future of our family, we agreed that one of our skis has to go.

In a perfect world, this wouldn't be something that we would want to do. But right now with our current finacial situation, and with me going back to school, having 2 jetskis is not a smart choice. And to put a knife in the heart, during my rebuild of our GTX, I overspent my original budget. And when it comes down to a choice, the seadoo fits our needs as a whole better than the GPR. Although, I am going to put the GTX up for sale too. It's a situation of needing money, and as much as I'd prefer one over the other, it will be a cash talks situation. We use our ski for family and friends, so the the GTX just makes more sense.

So I haven't posted anywhere else yet. This is the first For Sale post. Eventually I'm sure I will post in on craigslist and use the auto trader. But this is what I have so far written:

2003 Yamaha GPR 1300 Muscle Craft! $4700.00 OBO

• This hull only has a total of 71.4 hours, and 10 hours since the motor was fully rebuilt (2 hours on new pistons). Engine cases were ported and polished. Exhausts ports on heads were polished. ProX pistons were used. Motor is fuel injected, and has an oil pump so no premixing required.
    • Modified intake for better breathing A Riva D-Plate with chip and Free Flow exhaust to get the exhaust out quickly.
    • Aquavein Intake Grate, stuffed and sealed pump. And an Aluminum SHO exit nozzle (reduces top speed by 2-3 mph, but improves turning!). Stepped sponsons. Also has Riva Trim Tabs (helps in choppy water and when towing).
    • Has a custom built towing ski/wakeboard tower.
    • Has Renthal handle bars with ODI Rouge grips. Billet FLY Racing start switch. Billet finger throttle. Factory adjustable trim retained.
    • Has Hydro Turrf Mats.
    • Ski has done a best of 71 mph (without the SHO nozzle and trim tabs). If you were to use a different exit nozzle, fully port the heads and install an EFI controller, 80 mph is easily possible.
    • On a scale of 1-10, I would rate this ski a 7. Has some minor scratches from docks, sand and trailer. Nothing you would not expected from a ski that is 7 years old.
    • Trailer is made by FE Trailers. It is fully galvanized. I welded and modified the trailer specifically for this GPR, so that a large composite storage box could be mounted on the front. Have 2 Brand New tires with less than 400 miles on them (I live 5 miles from the water and only taken on one trip this year). Also has a spare tire. The winch and bow stop are new. The bunks are new, as is the carpeting on them. Also has new wiring with LED lighting. And as added protection, I sprayed the trailer with black Krylon paint. Also has baring buddies for the greasing the hubs.

Last edited by wreckingball; 10-05-2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Forgot Price

+1
    Also, best speed run was done without the riva trim tabs and on the stock plastic exit nozzle. I have both still in a box in my garage, and will be sold with the ski. I'll have no use for them without a GPR to put them on.

+1
    beautiful ski..good luck with the sale..but I have to ask you why did you think that the SHO nozzle slows you down 2-3 mph ..steerings a little better..no difference in speed I would think...gonna throw the black plastic one on again and see...hmm

+1
    The SHO nozzle is ovated vertically. This dramatically improves the tight turns, but a little loss in speed is noticeable. But I did install the trim tabs and nozzle in the same week, so I did not test them individually. But before I bought the SHO nozzle, I did some reading on a thread here on GH. I think AndyGPR is the one who told me about the nozzle and had a little bit more experience testing it? Can't remember?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball View Post
    The SHO nozzle is ovated vertically. This dramatically improves the tight turns, but a little loss in speed is noticeable. But I did install the trim tabs and nozzle in the same week, so I did not test them individually. But before I bought the SHO nozzle, I did some reading on a thread here on GH. I think AndyGPR is the one who told me about the nozzle and had a little bit more experience testing it? Can't remember?
    Yeah he posted for me the thread...just curious since I did alot of work including the nozzle at the same time so wasn't able to make any comparision...GOOD LUCK she's a beauty..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Yeah he posted for me the thread...just curious since I did alot of work including the nozzle at the same time so wasn't able to make any comparision...GOOD LUCK she's a beauty..
    Thanks. I'd love to keep her, and maybe one day when I went too far with the 2smoker, do a GPRXP conv. After riding InsandiegoJoe 's Belle, That's really all I can think about. The acceration is amazing! Top end is about the same, but the arm pull when you pull the trigger was great. Saddly not to be. Not right now with my finacial situation. My wife and I are trying to start a fam and I'm back in school to get my degree so that I won't have to be a grease monkey all my life. I will be back with another go fast ski. My GTX should hold me over, if it doesnt sell too. Although it won't be as sweet as my first GPR. Members from GH have amplified my ski experience 110 percent. I do enjoy riding standups mostly, but the thrill of going fast is amazing. We'll see what kind of cards life deals in the future. Right now its about priorities, and future goals. Don't write me off everyone......

+1
    Sorry, double post.. slow internet today, or busy site traffic?

+1
    I just listed my ski on eBay's classifieds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=250696102532

+1
    When your ready to do a conversion Ill be here waiting to help my friend.

+1
    Although, you have everything we need to do it now. The gtx would make a perfect donor ski and your gpr hull is mint. You could sell the gpr motor and the gtx hull and cover your costs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information