Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Carbon Fiber wrapped GPR glove box lid

Finished my 2nd lid; first one had enough flaws in it that I trashed it. This one did pretty well, but I did end up with a couple of minor flaws in the finishing process (if you get close to it and look, you can see some very faint scratches in the surface from the sanding; can't see it if you are more than a foot away and not looking for them). Future ones will be a bit better quality, but this one is more than good enough to put on a ski.

For this one, I'm asking $50 plus your core lid, shipped. Future ones will probably be a bit higher, I need to look at my costs; CF cloth and the epoxy is not cheap. Lid will come with new hinge pins, as these are usually broken when you take it off. I'll have the pins in hopefully by the end of the week, so I should be able to ship by Monday at the latest. Once you install it and are happy with it, send me your core lid and payment.

For anyone else that is interested, I'll have another one ready soon after I get the core back. And once the cold weather is here and you don't be riding, I can do yours that you send to me; there are many different color options available. Blue, orange, silver, gold, red, even some holographic cloth is available. PM me if you have any questions.

bro on my next check consider one of them sold to me PLEASE

+1
    When is your next check? I'll send this one to you if you want it, no real hurry for the money. Say the word and it's yours.

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar
    Can we see a pic of how the back is finished? BTW VERY NICE!!!!!!! When are you going to wrap a grab handle?

+1
    The back isn't wrapped, it stops about 1/2" from the sides on the back. I'm putting a new foam piece on, figured out with the first one that it was easier to pull the old one off so I could tape down the CF.

Grab handle is a diff issue; the epoxy doesn't stick to the plastic well. I'm gonna try out an idea later this week. Trust me, when I do a grab handle, I'll be posting pics

Can the visor be done? What about the fairings? It would be cool to have a full set of CF fairings on a black hull..

i get paid in two weeks from today let me know

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPR305 View Post
    i get paid in two weeks from today let me know
    PM me your address, I'll send it out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    Can the visor be done? What about the fairings? It would be cool to have a full set of CF fairings on a black hull..
    I'm going to try some CF fairings this fall; should be no problem, just gonna take a good bit of CF. I'm doing some visors now, one black, and one red/black cf/kevlar hybrid. The visor works really well, lots of flat space to work with.

isnt there any imitation carbon fiber? Real carbon fiber is isnt really 'necessary'.

how much do you want to do a full set? I have the stuff. LMK

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    isnt there any imitation carbon fiber? Real carbon fiber is isnt really 'necessary'.

how much do you want to do a full set? I have the stuff. LMK
    You can buy carbon fiber looking vinyl sheets that have a carbon fiber look, and even texture to a degree. I've got a sticker on the top of my netbook as a protector, looks pretty good. But I think that the only way to get a real carbon fiber look is to have it covered with several layers of epoxy, that's the only way to the the depth in the look.

I don't know how much I'd charge yet. I doubt I'm really gonna be able to do this for a real profit; supplies are expensive, and for the work I'll put into it I'll probably make much less than I would just working extra hours in my job field.

I'll post pics soon of some finished hoods, and I'll probably start on some fairings in the next couple of weeks.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information