Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar

Fantasy Football HQ

Since I don't see a fanrtasy thread yet I am taking it upon myself.

My league is a .5 ppc, 6pt run/reception td with yard bonuses.
    I have to fill my OP position and I have Santana Moss there currently, available on my bench are devin hester who faces DET, sam bradford, and willis mcgahee(backup, I know but tds?) who is against NYjets. Should I leave in Moss or gamble with one of the others? I have s.greene, t. hightower, and ronnie brown at starting RB. Rodgers is my qb so I am looking pretty strong right now. Looking for opinions!

I do not like Santana Moss.
    Was Robert Meachum drafted in your league? I like Meachum vs. Minnestota tonight. I think its going to be a shootout and Colston is hurt. Meachum was a stud last year.

Mcgahee is a scumbag and the coach benches him because he has a bad attitude. I dont trust him. He also has a terrible matchup against the jets.
    If you need a RB this week, Arian Foster from the Texans and Cadillac Williams both have good matchups and may be available on the wavier wire. Slaton is hurt too I think so Foster is #1 on the depth chart. The only problem with Foster is that if the Colts score a couple of quick TDs, the Texans wont be able to run the ball..

Bradford is a huge gamble. Hes a rookie QB. I wouldnt even consider starting him until he proves himself. He also plays for a terrible team with a terrible offensive line and no decent receiving core. The whole situation in STL is a recipe for disaster. I would look for another QB on the waiver wire.
    Jay Cutler faces the Lions in week one and Im sure hes on the waiver wire in most leagues.

I think that Johnny Knox is going to be the WR to start from the Bears. I dont trust Hester either. He drops too many passes and probably wasnt cut out to be a WR. They just stuck him there because hes fast and they were desperate.

Who should I start? Brady at home against Cincy or Favre on the road against New Orleans? I have a feeling tonight is going to be a high scoring game...

I started a fantasy thread two years ago and there was zero response so it died. I LOVE fantasy and Id be glad to come in here and discuss matchups week-to-week

Yes, in fact I have Meachum on my team, i think i got him 8th round... he's benched right now. you think he will fare better than Moss vs Dallas? I'm not too fond of the 'boys defense this year. I might take your advice and throw meachum up in Moss' place!

I know that Bradford is a huge gamble but I just need him for 1 week on my bye (if no one else comes up) i am thinking of adding mike moore at the qb spot and dumping him.

as for your decision- that's a tough one... i am a diehard packer, and though favre can still sling (not proven yet in 2010) he is on the road. I would take brady at home... i may be wrong but i can see favre throwing 3 int tonight.

I like meachum tonight yes. Brees threw the ball to him a lot last year. Colston is hurt but will start. Who knows how effective he will be or how much he will play.
    Im going to start Meachem as my flex player along with Wayne and Harvin.

I really dont like bradford at all. Wait until your starting qb's bye week and play a matchup. See who is playing detroit.

Im going to start Brady and New Orleans DF. I think you are right.

I do not like Santana Moss at all. I wouldnt even keep him on my roster. He gets weird injuries, hes older, and he is clearly on the downside of his career. There are better receivers on the waiver wire. Give him the boot.
    What about Malcom Floyd? Vincent Jackson is holding out and that makes Floyd #1 on the depth chart. I think they play KC this week so there is a very good chance hell score. If it were me, I think Id do an add/drop Floyd for Moss.
    Vincent Jackson may get traded also.

The Redskins really dont have a big play receiver any more... and McNabb likes to throw the ball downfield. Im shocked they havent picked up someone. They need a deep threat.

Well Percy Harvin isnt doing shit for me tonight. In fact, Favre has thried no less than three times to throw him a long pass and he cant get himself open or he screws up his route..

well good thing you didn't start brett then.

meachem has a few points but it would have been nice for him to snag that TD!

Meachem caught one long pass. Henderson caught one and dropped another. Colston has caught a couple. New Orleans is spreading the ball out as usual but running the ball more than I expected especially against the Minn DF.

Meachem is a good WR. He will produce.

What did you decide about Santana Moss?

Im liking Malcom Floyd more and more against the KC secondary. Unless Vincent Jackson makes a deal this week, hes still sitting out.

i plan to keep moss on my roster for a couple weeks to see what he produces, he is old but mcnabb really has no other #1 targets. I feel like the skins will be better this year, so the points will come from somewhere. floyd is a good choice, chiefs D is still has a bunch of weak links to be exploited. I'm interested to see what Hightower will do with the STL defense!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information