Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

100 Hr Service- HELP

Hey guys,

I am inquiring on what items need to be done when the ski hits 100hrs. I am just about 10HRs away from 100.

I have a 2007 Kawasaki Ultra 250x

The items that are listed in the manual are:
    - Supercharger Gear Oil
    - Spark Plugs
    - Clean fuel pump screen
    - Engine oil / Filter
    - Fuel vent check valve
    - Flush bilge line and filter
    - Replace Coupling Damper
    - Clean Air Box

Are there any additional items other than these that need to be done??

How easy are they to do? Where is the air box located??

Does anyone have a recommendation on what type of engine oil to use, I am in FL..

Thanks for all of your help!! I appreciate any guidance you all can provide.

Also if anyone has a preference on different products to use when doing these services that would be great! Thanks

+1
    sorry to be so blunt but if you have no idea where the airbox is seriously take it to a dealer, you do need some sort of basic mechanical knowledge to service and look after your ski in that manner

I do have mechanical knowledge, but am new to jetski engines. I appriciate your bluntness. When you first became familiar with the jet ski engines, someone explained/showed them to you right??

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    without a proper service manual in hand..you are doomed to spend 5x what this would cost you at a dealer. The one thing I found valuable when getting back into this business after 20 years was a search engine, a box of bandaids, a bottle of peroxide, a couple of good magnets and lots of cheap ass tools.

jetskis are hungry for blood and snap on tools. specially those $20 10mm sockets

you've been warned.

oh yeah..sorry to be blunt too...

start with the oil/filter change....

+1
    if you had mechanical knowledge you would not have needed to ask any of the questions you asked, it is a common 4 stroke so whether it be in a car/bike/boat/ski it requires the same service procedure but with more specialized tools and care. you definatly would not have needed to ask where the airbox is if you did have mechanical knowledge. the www. is not the place to get guidance/explanations or even to try and show you. to many things can go horribly wrong for you. there are some great signs in workshops heres one example, WE CHARGE $60HR TO WORK ON YOUR SKI HOWEVER WE CHARGE $120HR IF YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO WORK ON IT. sorry good luck but its too involved and too time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnole View Post
    I do have mechanical knowledge, but am new to jetski engines. I appriciate your bluntness. When you first became familiar with the jet ski engines, someone explained/showed them to you right??

More or less I am wanting to know if all of the items I listed above, need to be completed. I know some people recommend doing all of them and others say to just change the oil and filter, plugs, and grease the different bearings. Just wanted to get some feedback on all of the other items.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    More or less I am wanting to know if all of the items I listed above, need to be completed. I know some people recommend doing all of them and others say to just change the oil and filter, plugs, and grease the different bearings. Just wanted to get some feedback on all of the other items.
    they guys that write the manuals don't just pound keys..those items need to be done...all of em..assuming you want to stay safe and keep the ski in good condition.

at the leastest, change the engine oil and filter...but all the suggested service items should be performed at some point. I doubt that your coupler will distengrate at 120 hours, but scheduled maintenance is key for all components reaching thier max expected life.

I tell my customers..."If you're not putting $5-7 an hour into your running maintenance kitty, you're doing your major investment a disservice. I see plenty of skis where maintenance is simply not done..until something big breaks or the engine won't start..and that's where it ends up costing them like $10-15 a running hour to get the thing back in the water.

it's up to you...you're gonna pay either way.

I'd suggest taking it to Riva rather the neglect it..supercharged engines are not very forgiving..and as a matter of fact..neither is the ocean.

get stuck a mile offshore and $700 is going to seem like beer money

good luck to you

+1
    since you asked

Hey guys,

I am inquiring on what items need to be done when the ski hits 100hrs. I am just about 10HRs away from 100.

I have a 2007 Kawasaki Ultra 250x

The items that are listed in the manual are:
    - Supercharger Gear Oil leave it be
    - Spark Plugsjust for kicks
    - Clean fuel pump screenonly if you have put shit/sand in your tank, sure its fine
    - Engine oil / Filter every 20-30hrs max
    - Fuel vent check valvesure it will be fine
    - Flush bilge line and filtercant hurt but if you keep a clean bilge it will be fine
    - Replace Coupling Dampersure it will be fine replace it when you replace a belt
    - Clean Air Boxwould only need wipeing out
    the pump would be no1 on the list at 100hrs

Are there any additional items other than these that need to be done??

How easy are they to do? Where is the air box located??

Does anyone have a recommendation on what type of engine oil to use, I am in FL..

Thanks for all of your help!! I appreciate any guidance you all can provide.

Order the Service Manual from the dealer. That is a good place to start. And get the right tools. Especialy the "specialty" tools they recommend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information