Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

rotex clutch washer question

whats the deal with the new washer that come with the new kit i here u have to use them first before u can get the slip to tighten? cause i have a new set and cant get them to hold on my et charger any thoughts

+1
    Not sure too many people have tried the new batch with big chargers yet. What did you set the slip at to start? How long did you run it after? What was the slip after breakin? Did you reset it after that and see what happens then? Most washers need reset after breakin. Some need set a couple times. Also When you installed the washers did you turn them over by hand a few revolutions to set them in before checking slip?

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    rotax ,,,,,or rotex

you have a thead on the classified saying rotex as well...

i rebuild chargers all the time and iv mastered how to set them at the slips that there suppose to be, and no mater what i did from putting all mc washers and shims it would not pass the 10 11 lbs of slip so i did not use them and put in new et washers, with the et washers i only needed 3 mc springs washers and no shims to put it on 17lb slip

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stevorxp007 View Post
    whats the deal with the new washer that come with the new kit i here u have to use them first before u can get the slip to tighten? cause i have a new set and cant get them to hold on my et charger any thoughts
    Talked to Art myself today. He said you need to set them a bit tighter than normal (about 17lbs) and then check and reset them at least twice. According to him after that they will just "HOLD". He also said the metal is softer and they WILL not shatter or break.

Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    rotax ,,,,,or rotex

you have a thead on the classified saying rotex as well...
    yea when i say it in person it sounds like rotex but its rotax

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stevorxp007 View Post
    i rebuild chargers all the time and iv mastered how to set them at the slips that there suppose to be, and no mater what i did from putting all mc washers and shims it would not pass the 10 11 lbs of slip so i did not use them and put in new et washers, with the et washers i only needed 3 mc springs washers and no shims to put it on 17lb slip
    So you never even got them set to run them? I know the BT washers always take 2 resets before thay hold. Ussualy drop about 5-7 ft lbs in the process. The BT washers are thicker washers to start out with also wich is why they are tighter to start out.

+1
    When you say new ET washers what are you referring to Steve??? I may be confused?

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    So you never even got them set to run them? I know the BT washers always take 2 resets before thay hold. Ussualy drop about 5-7 ft lbs in the process. The BT washers are thicker washers to start out with also wich is why they are tighter to start out.
    no im not going to leave those shits in not even holding 11 lbs slip thats crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    When you say new ET washers what are you referring to Steve??? I may be confused?
    et washers are engin tech clutch washers ppg sells them i love these washers

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information