Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Who goes to church???

Odd topic but wondering who goes? Been 7 years since i last went and decided time to start going again the odd time and see what happens...

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Ive been to church one time in my life.

+1
    i been slacking lately. i think its a personal preference. i never really talk about it and if i do mention it to friends or people i work with there in shock to find out i go to church.

+1
    I try going every week doesn't always work out though.

I go with my family every week, but since college started I haven't gone yet because im not home.

+1
    Sunday is a day for the water!

60% of the time, it works every time.
    When I was growin up, I went to church almost every sunday, and after my mother re-married, my setp dad was in a gospel group. I had to go every weekend. I went to a different church every weekend for almost 4 years. I have been to the largest churches with 1000's of people and to the smalles, backwoods chruches with only a few people and bathrooms in the building outside. I am NOT a religious person, and I have my own opinions on what is, what is not and what might be. I have not been to church in over 12 years. That being said, now that my oldest son is walking, talking and wondering about the world, I have been considering going back to church. Even though I am not religious, I can appreciate the fact that I was given the opportunity to learn, understand, and make my own decisions about it. I've been wondering if my sons should have the same opportunity.

+1
    I personally do not think this topic is odd. My faimly and I attend most every weekend. It is a awesome part of our lives. I have 2 Daughters they are 13 and 1 and my wife attends as well. It recharges my batteries for the week. My girls attend on wed. nights as well. Here is a link to the church we attend in south florida cbglades.com Heck I did not even got to church until my early thirties. It is a great part of our lives. One thing I will say is I know what you are thinking these folks are boring and have NO life. well that is not true we live a very blessed life. Thanks Scott if ya wanna ask anything send me a pm.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    I havent been to church since high school. I am not counting weddings and things of the like though. I came up in Catholic Pre school, grade school and high school where we had to go to church as a class once a week then as a school on fridays. My mom thought that it was a good idea that I served mass. Now on the other hand my father was not associated with a religion. he has his beliefs but thats about as far as it goes. I was spoon fed the bible and all sorts of crap from priests and nuns about if you dont live your life like this your going to hell....literally. This had me scared shitless till high school. I got into science and learned about evolution ect ect. I formed my own opinions and beliefs. Its a far cry from catholicism but it works for me.
    However, we make( well she actually asks to go) my step daughter go to bible summer camp and other functions. Plus it helps her find the "stay out of trouble crowd" I think that it is a good way to teach right and wrong and about treating people with respect ect. If she wants to stay with it, thats fine but she has to see both sides of the tracks to make an informed decision.

This thread has disaster written all over it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information