HELP!! Blowing fuel pump fuse + flashing fuel level

Hey guys, hoping I might get some help with this one

Machine is an '06 F-12x.
    Intermittently, it will pop the fuel pump fuse.
    The display constantly flashes the fuel level bars, does not display level, and low fuel level indicator.
    Warning light constantly flashes.
    Aside from this, the machine runs flawlessly and is totally babied.

Main relay was just replaced a couple hours ago.

It's frustrating, because it happens completely at random (either bouncing off wake or putting along at 20mph.).

I have gone over the entire harness from the fuel tank to the fuse panel and can't pinpoint any issues. Wiggling the harness will not reproduce the problem.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cdes View Post
    Hey guys, hoping I might get some help with this one

Machine is an '06 F-12x.
    Intermittently, it will pop the fuel pump fuse.
    The display constantly flashes the fuel level bars, does not display level, and low fuel level indicator.
    Warning light constantly flashes.
    Aside from this, the machine runs flawlessly and is totally babied.

Main relay was just replaced a couple hours ago.

It's frustrating, because it happens completely at random (either bouncing off wake or putting along at 20mph.).

I have gone over the entire harness from the fuel tank to the fuse panel and can't pinpoint any issues. Wiggling the harness will not reproduce the problem.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Cheers
    Might be worthwhile to pull the pump assembly out of the tank and check the wiring going into it.

I know this is an older post by I am experiencing the same issues with my '04 12X. I read every post on here and this is the only post releated to this issue...and of course there is no update saying what the problem actually was.

I get no codes. It does not matter what speed, RPM, weather, chop, glass, start of trip, middle of day, end of day. It is just random. I replace the fuse and it is good to go, until the next random event. I have checked the obvious (loose, frayed, cracked, kinked, missing, and/or broken wires) to no avail. I am the original owner. The ski has a new (known good) battery that I swapped out of my other '04. Both ski's have under 50 hours, and I have performed maintnance regularly according to the service manual I purchased. I checked the turbo head to toe and everything seems OK. No submersion, fresh water only in sunny Southern California. Fuel is 92, fresh every year. This same ski had codes during an earlier trip which were related to the low/high oil pressure sending units which were replaced without issue. Since they were replaced that problem has been fixed. It runs great, except for this new headache.

The only on water diagnostic I did was replace the fuse and ride it harder than I normally do. It seemed to blow the fuse most often during hard riding when I would spin the ski, causing higher rev's without thrust (cavitation).

Any idea's would be great!

+1
    Like I suggested to him,
    Pull the pump and sending unit out of the tank to check the flex connections to it.
    Many people get their answer and never bother to respond and say "thanks for the help", so we don't know if his problem was in the tank or not.

Finally got around to fixing it!
    Turns out the pump/sending unit in the tank had blown apart! The spring loaded section came apart, and ripped the wires for the level sender.

All fixed now and ski is working great!

Thanks

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    Like I suggested to him,
    Pull the pump and sending unit out of the tank to check the flex connections to it.
    Many people get their answer and never bother to respond and say "thanks for the help", so we don't know if his problem was in the tank or not.

+1
    Enjoy your toy!

Thread Information