Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Hueneme Beach Ca.

R2 and E1 wheel without a powershot ?

I put on the Riva B1 wheel last week (with the R&D R2 flash) and took it to a lake this morning.
    It ran 78.3 and pulls much harder than the stock one (obviously)
    I rented a big house on the Colorado river next weekend and am taking all my employees up there to play with the skis.
    The plan is to run the B1 for the first couple of days and swap to the E1 on the last day.
    Is the programming sufficient (enough fuel) to do this?
    I have a couple of different wideband setups but with no way to adjust it I don't want to get into all that. I can do that when I have more time.
    I suppose I could rig up a fuel system with a boost referenced regulator during the week. That would help, if needed.
    I'm guessing there will be a pretty big difference in accelleration between the two wheels as well? That's really what I'm after.
    I don't think we'll be riding it at 80+ too much. There'll be boat wakes and such to contend with.
    Anyone running the E1 with R2 and no Powershot? Opinions?

+1
    the powershot does not even provide enough fuel to a R2 E1 setup, so people are intalling gpr injectors or a FPR to add more fuel on top of the powershot. so dont risk it and blow your motor in front of your employes, lol

+1
    I am running the R2 /E1 setup with powershot and FPR and I have had to crank the FPR down to 46 because the ski is running way two rich even with poweshot down to stock setting ... so I don't know if mine is a freak or there is alot of variation?

+1
    with R2 and E1 using powershot, RRFPR and stock fuel pump I couldn't get it enough fuel to the motor even with fuel pressure at the max

I added GPR injectors and then I was able to get it enough fuel

so no you shouldn't even try the E1 without a powershot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by flkeyzgp1300r View Post
    I am running the R2 /E1 setup with powershot and FPR and I have had to crank the FPR down to 46 because the ski is running way two rich even with poweshot down to stock setting ... so I don't know if mine is a freak or there is alot of variation?

are you running oem injectors or bigger ones?
    so you turned the powershot down to stock settings and dropped the fuel pressure below oem pressure with a E1 wheel?? doesnt sound right IMO.

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    i would just like to add that my pal in the uk (a gh forum member) has been running a E1 wheel with r2 flash with no powershot and fpr with no problems for the last 4 months!! i also was the person that put the cat among the pigeons saying the powershot was not needed with the c3 i was told the powershot needed to be re-adjusted when you got a re-flash, i did this and then sold my powershot as it was making my ski pig rich in all settings at all riding conditions. lots of people will disagree with this post and put lots of variations and pros and cons. argue amongst yourselves im not interested. im just posting what i have been researching over the last 8 months solid between both skis im very very fussy about my ski as its an expensive toy i do not cut corners, one thing i have recomended to my pal is a rrfpr on his ski in the future as at wot it leans out ever so slightly but this is still no where near "a lean condition" as for my c3 settup my ski is still over rich to the point if i put it in no wake mode after about a mile the ski stinks of fuel and if i leave it it will cut out due to flooding...
    by no means am i saying you dont need a powershot in this post please do your own research and please remember we are in the uk where our water temps are like your cold tap temps all year round.

+1
    Ice cold is more like it hey corky. i call it ice cream head some days. cuz that what it feels like....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    are you running oem injectors or bigger ones?
    so you turned the powershot down to stock settings and dropped the fuel pressure below oem pressure with a E1 wheel?? doesnt sound right IMO.
    OEM injectors, No it dosent sound right but it was RICH RICH RICH at low and cruise speeds.. I still dont have it all the way dialed in yet..

I guess R & D adjusted something in the retune to give it a ton of fuel

Hueneme Beach Ca.
    I really haven't reseached this at all.
    I bought the ski and jumped right in and had it all apart before I ever rode it.
    What does the Power shot do? Is it a mechanical thing that manipulates fuel pressure or is it an electronic thing that manipulates the signal from the ECU?
    I design and build supercharger systems for late model Corvettes. I do all the computer programming and dyno testing as well.
    While I don't know what goes on in the Yamaha computer, I have a pretty good idea of the overall workings and tuning of these systems in general.
    In the old days, we had things such as MAF translators that took the MAF signal and changed it so that you could add or take away fuel in increments. It also changed timing by putting you in a different load cell. We also used to put resistors in the IAT sensor to fool the computer into thinking the engine was colder thus adding timing and fuel.
    These were old "tricks" necessitated by the lack of proper tunning software. We don't need these anymore because we can manipulate almost anything we want in the software itself.
    Is the Powershot another of these tricks that fool the ECU into adding fuel? If so why can't the proper amount (or close) be added through tuning and then be tweaked with programming as needed?
    Lets say I run it at WOT and it's lean by 1/2 a point. Will R&D tweak it if I send the ECU back to them or do they just have a couple od canned tunes and that's it?
    Motec doesn't require a Powershot does it?
    When someone sends me a computer for programming I can put a base program in it and adjust it as needed later.
    If anyone has a reasonable explanation as to how the Powershot works, I'd love to hear it.
    Thanks

+1
    Lucky me.. poweshot took a shit today.. ski died.. maybe it wasnt worken right from the start... what a mess...

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information