Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 84
  1. #1
    ksalles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, La.
    Posts
    1,786
    +1
    304

    RXP-X mod list help

    So, after the intake grate mph increase I'm looking for more top speed without losing too much bottom end. I had mentioned it on my other post, but it was more geared towards the intake grate. From all the help of the guys on the board so far, I've been overly pleased with the input I've received. I'm looking to trying to run as close to, if not eventually, 80mph as possible. I started looking at the rear air intake, which I like the looks and sound, but in reality, it requires alot of additional stuff to make it work with my ski. Is it THAT much more superior over the 4" front kanaflex without a filter? If I save the $ from the rear intake and settle with the cheaper front intake alternative, I was considering buying a new aftermarket impeller instead of getting my stock one tweaked. (IF you guys suggest it) Along with that, I was going to install the 83mm RXP nozzle as well. So with that said, does this list below sound like I'm headed in the right direction:

    -R&D intake grate (on the ski already)
    -intake (4" kanaflex or rear air)
    -83mm RXP nozzle
    -Aftermarket impeller (suggestions with my setup, and how fast is it good for in the future for additional mods?)

    I didn't think it was worth even trying the stock impeller even with the 83mm RXP nozzle with the 4" intake. IF I can get away with it, I would try it, but didn't want to waste my time if others have and were unsuccessful. I'm running between 8040-8060rpms with my setup now.


  2. #2
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    So, after the intake grate mph increase I'm looking for more top speed without losing too much bottom end. I had mentioned it on my other post, but it was more geared towards the intake grate. From all the help of the guys on the board so far, I've been overly pleased with the input I've received. I'm looking to trying to run as close to, if not eventually, 80mph as possible. I started looking at the rear air intake, which I like the looks and sound, but in reality, it requires alot of additional stuff to make it work with my ski. Is it THAT much more superior over the 4" front kanaflex without a filter? If I save the $ from the rear intake and settle with the cheaper front intake alternative, I was considering buying a new aftermarket impeller instead of getting my stock one tweaked. (IF you guys suggest it) Along with that, I was going to install the 83mm RXP nozzle as well. So with that said, does this list below sound like I'm headed in the right direction:

    -R&D intake grate (on the ski already)
    -intake (4" kanaflex or rear air)
    -83mm RXP nozzle
    -Aftermarket impeller (suggestions with my setup, and how fast is it good for in the future for additional mods?)

    I didn't think it was worth even trying the stock impeller even with the 83mm RXP nozzle with the 4" intake. IF I can get away with it, I would try it, but didn't want to waste my time if others have and were unsuccessful. I'm running between 8040-8060rpms with my setup now.
    See how your stock impeller works. I used mine with basically what you have and it ran around 8160 or so. When you swap pickup a 15/22R or a tweaked 15/20.

  3. #3
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    I have a stock rxp nozzle in great shape in the classifieds for 60.00 shipped let me know

  4. #4
    ksalles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, La.
    Posts
    1,786
    +1
    304
    I just removed the stock intake so I'm ready to start making changes. I figured if I removed the stock intake I would HAVE to get something else. After removing it I see how not only how restrictive it is, but how the design could also baffle the sound of the intake whine.
    Ocman, what kind of speed did you run with that setup as you mentioned? Basically a 4" intake, R&D grate, 83mm RXP nozzle and a stock prop. Thanks.

  5. #5
    ksalles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, La.
    Posts
    1,786
    +1
    304
    Where are you located and do you accept paypal? I'm interested and can pay today. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    I have a stock rxp nozzle in great shape in the classifieds for 60.00 shipped let me know

  6. #6
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    I just removed the stock intake so I'm ready to start making changes. I figured if I removed the stock intake I would HAVE to get something else. After removing it I see how not only how restrictive it is, but how the design could also baffle the sound of the intake whine.
    Ocman, what kind of speed did you run with that setup as you mentioned? Basically a 4" intake, R&D grate, 83mm RXP nozzle and a stock prop. Thanks.
    75ish

  7. #7
    ksalles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, La.
    Posts
    1,786
    +1
    304
    I don't mind spending the extra $ on an impeller if it is going to get me that much more speed. I'm thinking of doing a setup similar to what jp1300r HAD before his transformation into a monster. lol Thats just more than I'm looking to do with just a play around rec ski. Although I wouldn't complain to have one that fast.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    prescott valley az
    Posts
    75

    x impellar

    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    I don't mind spending the extra $ on an impeller if it is going to get me that much more speed. I'm thinking of doing a setup similar to what jp1300r HAD before his transformation into a monster. lol Thats just more than I'm looking to do with just a play around rec ski. Although I wouldn't complain to have one that fast.
    i have a 13lbs boost x impeller donot need to change injectors good rec mod email [email protected] comes with spacer also

  9. #9
    andrew1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    RUSSIA
    Posts
    142
    would suggest performance waterbox,or free flow exhaust, at least
    it will definitely give you better acceleration

  10. #10
    ksalles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, La.
    Posts
    1,786
    +1
    304
    Well, I should have the 83mm nozzle in tomorrow and the 4" fizzle style intake w/ catch can by Thursday. I really want to do the rear air intake, but will put it on hold until I give it more thought on designing one, or biting the bullet and spending the $ for everything. So, by the weekend I should be testing with the following mods:

    -R&D intake grate
    -4" front intake (probably without filter)
    -83mm RXP nozzle

    I'm trying to keep the exhaust stock so I can keep it quiet and hear the charger more. I'd like to see how fast I can get it while it still sounds stock other than the charger whine. My next purchase will probably be a prop, or possibly have mine tweaked. Thanks again for the input, suggestions and continued input and suggestions.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 05 rxp with mods. Need help/ opinions
    By Kmorningstar_rxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 03:49 PM
  2. mods list 08 rxp x255 help
    By MartinsRxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 03:56 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 09:43 PM
  4. rxp-x mod list so far........... suggestions??
    By MONSTERMATT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 01:21 PM
  5. rxp-x riva stage 1 mods listed in the uk?
    By boohoo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 10:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •