Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

RXP-X mod list help

So, after the intake grate mph increase I'm looking for more top speed without losing too much bottom end. I had mentioned it on my other post, but it was more geared towards the intake grate. From all the help of the guys on the board so far, I've been overly pleased with the input I've received. I'm looking to trying to run as close to, if not eventually, 80mph as possible. I started looking at the rear air intake, which I like the looks and sound, but in reality, it requires alot of additional stuff to make it work with my ski. Is it THAT much more superior over the 4" front kanaflex without a filter? If I save the $ from the rear intake and settle with the cheaper front intake alternative, I was considering buying a new aftermarket impeller instead of getting my stock one tweaked. (IF you guys suggest it) Along with that, I was going to install the 83mm RXP nozzle as well. So with that said, does this list below sound like I'm headed in the right direction:

-R&D intake grate (on the ski already)
    -intake (4" kanaflex or rear air)
    -83mm RXP nozzle
    -Aftermarket impeller (suggestions with my setup, and how fast is it good for in the future for additional mods?)

I didn't think it was worth even trying the stock impeller even with the 83mm RXP nozzle with the 4" intake. IF I can get away with it, I would try it, but didn't want to waste my time if others have and were unsuccessful. I'm running between 8040-8060rpms with my setup now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    So, after the intake grate mph increase I'm looking for more top speed without losing too much bottom end. I had mentioned it on my other post, but it was more geared towards the intake grate. From all the help of the guys on the board so far, I've been overly pleased with the input I've received. I'm looking to trying to run as close to, if not eventually, 80mph as possible. I started looking at the rear air intake, which I like the looks and sound, but in reality, it requires alot of additional stuff to make it work with my ski. Is it THAT much more superior over the 4" front kanaflex without a filter? If I save the $ from the rear intake and settle with the cheaper front intake alternative, I was considering buying a new aftermarket impeller instead of getting my stock one tweaked. (IF you guys suggest it) Along with that, I was going to install the 83mm RXP nozzle as well. So with that said, does this list below sound like I'm headed in the right direction:

-R&D intake grate (on the ski already)
    -intake (4" kanaflex or rear air)
    -83mm RXP nozzle
    -Aftermarket impeller (suggestions with my setup, and how fast is it good for in the future for additional mods?)

I didn't think it was worth even trying the stock impeller even with the 83mm RXP nozzle with the 4" intake. IF I can get away with it, I would try it, but didn't want to waste my time if others have and were unsuccessful. I'm running between 8040-8060rpms with my setup now.
    See how your stock impeller works. I used mine with basically what you have and it ran around 8160 or so. When you swap pickup a 15/22R or a tweaked 15/20.

+1
    I have a stock rxp nozzle in great shape in the classifieds for 60.00 shipped let me know

+1
    I just removed the stock intake so I'm ready to start making changes. I figured if I removed the stock intake I would HAVE to get something else. After removing it I see how not only how restrictive it is, but how the design could also baffle the sound of the intake whine.
    Ocman, what kind of speed did you run with that setup as you mentioned? Basically a 4" intake, R&D grate, 83mm RXP nozzle and a stock prop. Thanks.

+1
    Where are you located and do you accept paypal? I'm interested and can pay today. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    I have a stock rxp nozzle in great shape in the classifieds for 60.00 shipped let me know

+1
    I just removed the stock intake so I'm ready to start making changes. I figured if I removed the stock intake I would HAVE to get something else. After removing it I see how not only how restrictive it is, but how the design could also baffle the sound of the intake whine.
    Ocman, what kind of speed did you run with that setup as you mentioned? Basically a 4" intake, R&D grate, 83mm RXP nozzle and a stock prop. Thanks.
    75ish

+1
    I don't mind spending the extra $ on an impeller if it is going to get me that much more speed. I'm thinking of doing a setup similar to what jp1300r HAD before his transformation into a monster. lol Thats just more than I'm looking to do with just a play around rec ski. Although I wouldn't complain to have one that fast.

x impellar

I don't mind spending the extra $ on an impeller if it is going to get me that much more speed. I'm thinking of doing a setup similar to what jp1300r HAD before his transformation into a monster. lol Thats just more than I'm looking to do with just a play around rec ski. Although I wouldn't complain to have one that fast.
    i have a 13lbs boost x impeller donot need to change injectors good rec mod email [email protected] comes with spacer also

would suggest performance waterbox,or free flow exhaust, at least
    it will definitely give you better acceleration

+1
    Well, I should have the 83mm nozzle in tomorrow and the 4" fizzle style intake w/ catch can by Thursday. I really want to do the rear air intake, but will put it on hold until I give it more thought on designing one, or biting the bullet and spending the $ for everything. So, by the weekend I should be testing with the following mods:

-R&D intake grate
    -4" front intake (probably without filter)
    -83mm RXP nozzle

I'm trying to keep the exhaust stock so I can keep it quiet and hear the charger more. I'd like to see how fast I can get it while it still sounds stock other than the charger whine. My next purchase will probably be a prop, or possibly have mine tweaked. Thanks again for the input, suggestions and continued input and suggestions.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information