Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What speed to expect from 155HP RXP?

Hey guys.. considering going the N/A route to have more ride time and less shop time. I dont mind the wrenching but season is way to short and lost three weekends this year due to downtime that should not have happened. So I think about selling the X model and going for a 155HP RXP. Can you get 60 or low 60's MPH with them? What kind of RPM's to expect? Would miss the serious midrange power on the X but cant have everything.

+1
    Never worked on one so JMO, but I think 60-65+ would be no problem. Does that model have VTS? I bet with the right combo of parts you could get closer to 70.

Yeah i rode one two years ago, but i forget if it had VTS (i think all RXP's do). If I could get 65mph even that would be more then enough.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    yea me too,im changing so i can ride more.....

Nodoby ride one of these?

Heres a search from google got me this.. sounds like hes not too far off. Throw a grate on it and you could probably almost run with a 215 RXT. Plus way less headaches ( I hope) Not the $$ of repairs its the riding time I lose. If I cant get a good $ for my X i may keep it and buy a RXP 155 for an everyday rider :S

I just bought this sea doo rxp (155) a few weeks ago. It was a leftover 2008. Overall, it is great! When I first put it in the water, it would run about 60mph. Now that it is broke in, I can get about 64mph out of it on a calm water. The reason I bought the 155hp rxp is because of the gas. It is a lot better on gas than the 215hp supercharged rxp. Plus you can run regular unleaded in it. Also, I didn't want to worry about the supercharger messing up, which I heard sometimes happens on the 215hp rxp. My buddy has a 2007 rxt with the supercharger and he only slightly pulls away from me. The holeshot is about the same but once we plane out he starts to slightly pull away. Overall, I am very happy with the rxp 155. It has good speed and fuel economy."

+1
    they go about 55-56mph on a gps, not a real fast ski. think about it a 800lbs ski with 155hp.

+1
    I know there is a lack of Kawasaki dealers in this area, but I highly recommend you test ride a STX-15F before you go purchase a 155 RXP. If I still had mine I would have been happy to let you take it for a spin. The Kawi is a 61-62 MPH machine that can get to 65mph with some minor bolt-ons that won't affect reliability. I still have an R&D Ride plate in my basement for one.

+1
    heres my 05 rxp 155 that i made....same thing as a newer 07,08 155 rxp...over all a great ski.....and you dont have to worry about it breaking....
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...up-and-running!

+1
    my sportster 155hp did 52mph on gps.... Why dont you just keep a spare supercharger on the shelf? you didnt actually have it break. No way i could drop 100hp and be happy lol. oh and hittin up LP tomorrow if your up for a ride.

Sound like you have had some bad luck. I had a 2004 GTX SC for 6 years and have a new 2010 RXT X with 30 hours on it. Not a hiccup with the SC on either model. It helps the wear ring to stay away from the sand though. As to fuel mileage, less HP = less fuel, but I bet if you want to run all day at 65+ mph, you won't be saving much gas (compared to the SC model). The higher HP models aren't all about top speed. My RXT X has phenomenal acceleration and runs straight to 105 KM/H (68 mph) quickly, whether you are riding one, two or three up. My 2004 SC model would go 62 mph, but took a while to get there, had to be on flat water with less than a full tank of gas and you couldn't hit top speed with 3 up. If you decided to buy a non SC model and mod it to perform better, do you really think you'll improve reliability over a SC model? Finally, the SC models don't need premium fuel - the owners manual states so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information