+1

t-x and rxt winterizing

i have an 08 t-x and an 07 rxt 215. from researching on here and reading the owners manual for both skis, i am looking for some more advice on flushing the cooling systems of water for the winter. the manual for the t-x says to hook up a fitting so as to blow compressed air through the ski whereas the rxt manual says to drain water and fill with anti-freeze both the intercooler and exh manifold.

so . . . can i just blow compressed air through both skis and be ok with respect to the intercooler and exh manifold? or should i drain/fill the 07 rxt and just blow air through the 08 t-x? any help would be appreciated . . .

+1
    The RXT-X 255 has an external intercooler. The RXT 215 has an internal one. The water lines run different on the 2. See the attached pictures. This is how to do it on the 215. Someplace on GH, is teh PDF that these pictures came from.

My 260 RXT-X says the same thing as yours about blowing out the lines. Plus about getting moisture out of the I/C. Mine is going to have that done, plus have antifreeze put in the exhaust manifold and I/C. air never gets all the water out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	214113Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	231.2 KB 
ID:	214111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	214114Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	214112

+1
    thanks, i have that pdf already and that is my plan for the rxt 215. i think i may blow 100 psi through it before i disconnect and fill with antifreeze.

for your 260, how do you plan on pumping or filling antifreeze into the external intercooler? are you going to hook up air fitting and blow through at 100 psi and then disconnect hoses and fill with antifreeze? are you using the non-tox (pink) stuff? thanks in advance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKman View Post
    for your 260, how do you plan on pumping or filling antifreeze into the external intercooler? are you going to hook up air fitting and blow through at 100 psi and then disconnect hoses and fill with antifreeze? are you using the non-tox (pink) stuff? thanks in advance.
    I use -100 non toxic. that way, if it mixes with water its still protected. -50 is useless if it mixes with any water. I'm gonna blow the system out and then fill the lines. I have to look at them and see which ones I need to pull to do it, IC is easy. antifreeze into it untill it comes out the bottom. should only need a bit. Exhaust manifold is what I have to look at as they are way different than my 215 was.

When you do your 215, make sure you blow the IC out with air. It doesn't drain like Doo says it does. I got a bunch of water out of mine.

I'd be carefull with the air pressure. 100 through the flush port "may" be over kill. The 55 that Doo says should be fine.

+1
    thanks, i thought the manual said 100psi. have to check. i may just pull the i/c out all together (after i blow it out) since i will be installing a strainer at some point as a winter project. maybe clean it too . . .

+1
    its so much easier to get a good sump pump or pool pump, or even a larger bilge pump, and use it to pump antifreeze thru the system via the flush port. 1200 GPH is plenty of volume to flush the syetem properly.
    pump 2 or 3 gallons thru from a 5 gallon bucket, collect the antifreeze and reuse in the 2nd ski.
    if you cold start both skis, and do a few throttle blips to blast any leftover water out of the exhaust systems, then hook up the pump, the antifreeze wont even dilute that much, easily can do both skis and save the leftover for next year.
    so much easier, i do 5 skis every fall this way. fogg afterwards and thats it.

+1
    are you running the ski when you are pumping the antifreeze in?

Thread Information