Banned User

Wiring VTS in to non VTS

anyone done this? I want to add VTS to my 05 RXT harness.

+1
    This thread might have some useful info http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-VTS-to-an-RXT

+1
    This is a simple wiring diagram of how I added VTS to my 06RXT. If you don't want to use a gauge just connect the 2 purple wires to a 12 volt source. I did not activate VTS on Buds, I just connected it to a switched 12 volt source.

You can also save some money if you need to shorten the VTS rod by cutting a stock VTS rod and drilling and taping it to accept a threaded stud. In my opinion the stock rod is a better fit than the RIVA high priced unit. At least the 1 RIVA unit I have dealt with is very sloppy where it hooks to the nozzle.

Banned User
    I cant see that diagram Helinut, and Kenshin, that guy just used an RXP wiring harness, I have my RXT electronics in an RXP so I dont need to do any of the drilling in the hull, I dont want to get a new wiring harness, I just want to add the VTS to my harness. Helinuts diagram may show me what I need to see, we will see!
    Thanks guys.

+1
    Sorry for the lousy picture. Converting from CAD to PDF to JPEG did not work out well.

Hope this helps: To get the VTS to work by adding your own wiring : There are 2 plugs on the VTS unit one is the 2 conductor power plug. The other is the 6 conductor signal plug (that’s what I call it).

The black wire on the power plug is ground the red//Black is +12V, it needs to go to a switched +12v source. On the signal plug if you don’t use a gauge. The purple/white wire needs to be tied to the red/black power wire. The blue/white, black and green/white wires all go to the same color wires on the VTS switch. The brown/black and brown /white wires are VTS gauge signal wires. If memory serves me right 1 of the brown wires needs to be tied to +12v if no gauge is used.

If you use a gauge like I did (from a 1998 SeaDoo). The brown/black brown/white purple/white all go to the gauge. The gauge will also have a black ground wire and a purple wire that goes to +12v.

I hooked the VTS unit up to a 12v power supply and tested the wiring prior to building my VTS wire harness.
    The only thing I found odd was 12volts needing to be applied to one of the brown wires. I don't believe it matters which one.

The VTS is a nice addition to an older RXT.

+1
    Helinut's instructions are spot on.

Here's an old thread of mine that may also help
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ght=wiring+VTS

Banned User
    thanks very much guys! thats what I was looking for!

Thread Information