Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

will bar type handle bars fit on the stock steering system?

im going to be putting a pet tach on my ski this winter, id like to mount it on the handle bars somehow. and like the look of the actual handle bars. plus my stock handle bar cover is warped kinda and makes it look like the bars are turned.

so can you put the normal type handlebars on the stock steering system or do you have to buy the UMI neck and then put handle bars on that?

whats the stock system look like with the cover removed?

+1
    You can use 7/8" inch bars, but you have to drill out the mounting holes for the switch assemblies and you might have to grind a bit off of the left side for the Quick Trim to clear it.

I'm about to cover a set of GPR bars in carbon fiber. Advantages are that there is no need to drill it out, the Quick trim fits over it just fine, and the stock waverunner cover will fit over it just fine. I just did some for an FZR, check out the link here.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ars&highlight=

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    You can use 7/8" inch bars, but you have to drill out the mounting holes for the switch assemblies and you might have to grind a bit off of the left side for the Quick Trim to clear it.

I'm about to cover a set of GPR bars in carbon fiber. Advantages are that there is no need to drill it out, the Quick trim fits over it just fine, and the stock waverunner cover will fit over it just fine. I just did some for an FZR, check out the link here.
    Those look killer!

+1
    Thanks! For someone just wanting to have a better looking set, they are cheaper and easier than aftermarket bars. Hope to have pics up this weekend of the GPR bars. I've already got a set of XLT bars done.

+1
    are the bars riva sells 7/8s? do i want sport or normal? the 28 inch bars will fit everything or go with the longer ones? id rather have them narrow.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Easy-Rider-WS.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	214247

nice bars Smitty... has that ''Easy Rider" look....but I have a concern...a chin pad...I'm sure you custom make one or take a Pro Taper or RIVA and cut it to fit...I know someone who got some facial lacerations from running aground in low tide....fivespeedsteed whatever you do cover the clamp mounts to some degree especially if you like riding ''frog style"...

+1
    Just go buy a set of cheep dirt bike bars and pay 1/2 whta riva charges

bars from MSS were 62.95, Riva bars from the online store are 67.95, I`ve had protaper and now run the Riva runabout bars bc they are narrow and my cover will fit without any cuts or openings...

fivespeed, I`m using the stock throttle, and just removed the nub, ditch the quick trim handle and try the Riva drop lever system... cleaner, pull the lever and the nozzle drops, excellent for holeshot, and the nozzle returns to neutral... just ask Jetdave!...

in my build thread you will see both set ups...

+1
    so if it returns to neutral then you cant use the bow up feature? when you pull the lever it makes the ski go bow down? or does it go from full bow up to full bow down? whats the ideal for riding typically neutral? i was just getting the hang of changing up my trim before my motor went.

where can you order cheaper dirtbike bars? so i am looking for the 28 inch bars? how much rise should i have? ive seen some with allot and others without much. when i pull the cover off the stock ones from what the service manual shows, its the bars without a cross bar. id definatly like a cross bar and for the bars to have the same rise as the stock ones. anyone know what the stock rise is?

so right now im down to 28 inch wide, 7/8 diamater, and whatever rise the stock is or a little shorter.

any good places in mind to get some?

ill probably be doing a bar with a crossbar, the stock qts if i cant afford a drop nozzle ( probably wont be able to), odi grips ( had some in my bmxing days and they were comfy) stock throttle, and the pet tach mounted on the bottom part of the bar somehow. where it clamps. probably fab a bracket.

i see all the bars here, http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...cessories.aspx

anyone use any of those?

+1
    the Riva drop nozzle has two settings neutral and one down...but could be made to drop slightly more or slightly less... I use it in the rough chop to stay hooked up...I havn't used for holeshots as it drops the bow too low... traditional leaning over handle bars works better for me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information