+1

rate my plugs please.

Have 3 hrs of ride time on these. mix is 32:1 1/4 tank left of brake in oil.

you sir have a problem!

One ur rich, and the second plug looks under oiled.

Is the a wot plug chop? or you just randomly pulled ur plugs? ( which will be worthless)

+1
    Your just too rich and too much oil that's all.Even richer on the 2nd plug and is washing it. I bet it feels a little sluggish and doughy. Why you running 32.1 ? I only ever ran 32.1 on a twin piped 1050 that lived at 7400rpms constantly and had to have the top end bearings changed every 30 hrs.

+1
    New motor why running 32:1 1/4 tank left then go back to 40:1 I pull my plugs after every run but this was the first time I took pictures of them.

So recommend turn low screw in a little on the left one?

+1
    32.1 on a new engine isn't required IMO, I like to run normal mix 40.1 or the oil injection pump.You want the rings to knock the edges off the bores left from honing so they make a better seal.More oil will just prolong that and blow by can start.
    The plug on the right is running richer (washing the plug) but both are way too rich anyway. Did you pull them from a plug chop while going full throttle ? This is the only way to do a plug reading.If at idle its just a wank chop really wont tell you anything.
    If its too rich you screw the highs in as they meter the fuel at higher rpms.

+1
    Thanks you all for you info.

They was not pulled durning WOT. I pulled them after I got home and flushed the system. I am taking it back out SAT and will do a WOT pull. If I read correct you kill the engine at WOT but keep the throttle full open till it dies?

Also I posted my Rave values. Think it just below this posting. The one with all the black on it is the same one with all the black on the plug.

Should I make any adjustments before I take them back out? or just wait till I can do a WOT pull?

Thanks once more for your help.

+1
    You are way rich so doing WOT runs wont harm your engine. To do a plug chop you need at least 15-20 seconds at full throttle and hit the stop button and at the same time release the throttle and coast to a stop hopefully next to your trailer. Pull the plugs and post some pictures. You are looking for a nice chocolate brown colour around the insulator tip .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plugs.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	214374  

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Take your plug boots off by unscrewing them and cut about 1/4 off each wire that will expose fresh wire and then screw the boots back on. Do a plug chop and send us the pics of the plugs.

+1
    I did the 1/4 thing when motor was replace 3 weeks ago. I getting good spark from both. You can clearly see the spark. I going to the river Sat. I will do the WOT run and take pictures.

But before I do the run should I adjust anything?

Make sure h/s is set to 0, put new properly gapped plugs in. Ride aroung for a good hour and then do a 20 second WOT plug chop and send pics.

Thread Information