Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: QSTS adjustment

QSTS adjustment

ok i got a question for yall

On my FX140 Cruiser when the trim is in the neutral position it seems to be pointed upwards, when i go one click bow down it is straight out the back, 2 clicks bow down it just barely points downward. Now if i go one click bow up from neutral it is almost to the reverse gate, 2 clicks up looks as if 1/4th of the nozzle is covered by the reverse gate.

I guess my question is when the grip is in neutral should the nozzle be pointing straight out the back or should it be slightly up???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TunedFX140 View Post
    ok i got a question for yall

On my FX140 Cruiser when the trim is in the neutral position it seems to be pointed upwards, when i go one click bow down it is straight out the back, 2 clicks bow down it just barely points downward. Now if i go one click bow up from neutral it is almost to the reverse gate, 2 clicks up looks as if 1/4th of the nozzle is covered by the reverse gate.

I guess my question is when the grip is in neutral should the nozzle be pointing straight out the back or should it be slightly up???
    That is normal. My SHO and the FZ skis are the exact same way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    That is normal.
    Can you please elaborate on the why this would be normal?

My SHO was the same way and I had it fixed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Can you please elaborate on the why this would be normal?

My SHO was the same way and I had it fixed.
    when the trim adjustment is in neutral trim the rear stearing nozzle should be at 5* up since the reduction nozzle it is mounted to is also a 5* upward angle on it too . This way the water exiting the ski is not being deflected up or down when it exits the ski! Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    when the trim adjustment is in neutral trim the rear stearing nozzle should be at 5* up since the reduction nozzle it is mounted to is also a 5* upward angle on it too . This way the water exiting the ski is not being deflected up or down when it exits the ski! Tommy Jordan
    True. But what I am saying is that at neutral trim, if you measure the distance from the reduction nozzle to the steering nozzle, the distance should be the same on the top and bottom of the nozzles. On both of my ski's the the distance was different yielding the steering nozzle being up even more at neutral trim. Hope that makes sense.

+1
    True. But what I am saying is that at neutral trim, if you measure the distance from the reduction nozzle to the steering nozzle, the distance should be the same on the top and bottom of the nozzles. On both of my ski's the the distance was different yielding the steering nozzle being up even more at neutral trim. Hope that makes sense.
    OOOooo! Look who's contributing to the 4-stroke section and not just the BS thread! I like it! lolz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    OOOooo! Look who's contributing to the 4-stroke section and not just the BS thread! I like it! lolz
    Just answer my question in my earlier post smart ass. lol.

i adjusted mine to where the nozzle is just slightly up when its at neutral it looks pretty lined up with the part its mounted to. no when it is one click bow down the nozzle is level with the ground or pretty close to it with the trailer adjusted to where the engine is pretty dam close to being level with the ground. i have yet to ride it as about the only time i have to ride is sat afternoon, sunday, and monday.

I think my trim was a little out of whack it just didnt seem right when i had to go 2 clicks bow down to have the nozzle pointing out the back straight. Full bow up was up so much that it would not pull the nose up out of the water from a takeoff it would just kinda roostertail lol. Mine seemed like it wanted to porpious (sp?) even at neutral position on calm water and no adjustment made it go away if i went full down it got better but still did it and if i went full up besides it slowed down it made it worse lol.

I guess i will jsut have to adjust and see its not like it is hard to adjust just a 8mm, 10mm, and a 12mm. That covers the cables and the rod in the back. Might want to include a pair of vice grips to hold the part that locks on the ball

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TunedFX140 View Post
    i adjusted mine to where the nozzle is just slightly up when its at neutral it looks pretty lined up with the part its mounted to. no when it is one click bow down the nozzle is level with the ground or pretty close to it with the trailer adjusted to where the engine is pretty dam close to being level with the ground. i have yet to ride it as about the only time i have to ride is sat afternoon, sunday, and monday.

I think my trim was a little out of whack it just didnt seem right when i had to go 2 clicks bow down to have the nozzle pointing out the back straight. Full bow up was up so much that it would not pull the nose up out of the water from a takeoff it would just kinda roostertail lol. Mine seemed like it wanted to porpious (sp?) even at neutral position on calm water and no adjustment made it go away if i went full down it got better but still did it and if i went full up besides it slowed down it made it worse lol.

I guess i will jsut have to adjust and see its not like it is hard to adjust just a 8mm, 10mm, and a 12mm. That covers the cables and the rod in the back. Might want to include a pair of vice grips to hold the part that locks on the ball
    Good job!

+1
    Just answer my question in my earlier post smart ass. lol.
    It's a trade off. Just like everything else with these damn skis.

You adjust the entire trim range downward, and then you won't be able to get the bow up as high as you could before with the trim all the way up. Think about it, you're not increasing the RANGE of the trim, you're moving all the settings down, further. So full up (2 clicks) position is now like what used to be only one click up.

Here's a better question, does anyone who has moved the trim around have any idea whether they gained anything or lost anything? Or is this one of those "peace of mind" mods?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information