about to install an x charger

i picked up an x charger off a 2009 model with very low hours. it has gold washers and the oil hole isn't plugged. it's going on my 2009 wake pro, along with 42 lb injectors and a new prop. before i install the charger, should i replace the gold washers with the newer riva washers and/or plug the oil hole? i'd rather get it setup right before i install it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    i picked up an x charger off a 2009 model with very low hours. it has gold washers and the oil hole isn't plugged. it's going on my 2009 wake pro, along with 42 lb injectors and a new prop. before i install the charger, should i replace the gold washers with the newer riva washers and/or plug the oil hole? i'd rather get it setup right before i install it.
    I'm not sure about the washers, Jerry can answer that. Leave the oil hole alone!!

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    you are good with the washers, they are the metal washers,
    just make sure the slip is good on it and drop it in.

+1
    Me personally would change the washers out to the Rivas..This is just my preference though. The Gold ones will work BUT they have a history of breaking...As far as the oil hole???Leave it alone..If you notice oil in your volute then youll need to replace the front seal either with a new OEM one or the new Viton seal...

+1
    I think that the gold washers are ok so long as you keep the slip right, otherwise I feel they get too hot and then fail!!!

As Sno said leave the oil hole alone, if you get oil in your intake then its because of the crappy fron seal not because there is too much oil going down that hole. I have 20+ hours an a completly stock X charger with gold washers and all is fine no oil coming thru.

and my rude has like 10-15 hours no oil coming thru but the slip had fallen completly and burnt the gold washers out luckily they did not break up on me, I have riva washers and McMaster carr spring washers in it now, which is prob about the best setup currently if you want/have to change the clutch. R88

+1
    Guys, oil present in the supercharger is caused by oil entering from the positive crankcase ventilation system and is a completely normal condition. It's not necessarily caused by a bad oil seal in the supercharger.

thanks guys. i'll leave the oil hole alone and check the slip then install it. knowing me, i'll want to upgrade the wheel after a bit, so i'll just plan to rebuild with riva washers when i swap out the impeller.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Guys, oil present in the supercharger is caused by oil entering from the positive crankcase ventilation system and is a completely normal condition. It's not necessarily caused by a bad oil seal in the supercharger.
    Very true sir, I had fully overlooked that.

If you have allot of oil in your intake then its probably the SC. R88

Thread Information